X-BOX Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

So just reading up on this, has it been confirmed anywhere else? Because if it's just based on this post on the James Bond website, you could make a reasonable argument that either they've made an error or misinterpreted the information given to them, or it's just written weirdly.

Like, it says exclusive to the Switch version of the 1997 classic, whilst also referring to the Xbox version previously as a remaster. So possibly the Nintendo version is essentially just an N64 ROM and the only way to play that specific version online is through Switch. Whereas the Remaster is considered a whole separate game that will have online.

Though, if they're saying that Rare Replay owners get the new Goldeneye then it would be odd for them to get the remaster since surely Replay was about showcasing the games in their original forms rather then being remasters/remakes?

2 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

So just reading up on this, has it been confirmed anywhere else? Because if it's just based on this post on the James Bond website, you could make a reasonable argument that either they've made an error or misinterpreted the information given to them, or it's just written weirdly.

Like, it says exclusive to the Switch version of the 1997 classic, whilst also referring to the Xbox version previously as a remaster. So possibly the Nintendo version is essentially just an N64 ROM and the only way to play that specific version online is through Switch. Whereas the Remaster is considered a whole separate game that will have online.

Though, if they're saying that Rare Replay owners get the new Goldeneye then it would be odd for them to get the remaster since surely Replay was about showcasing the games in their original forms rather then being remasters/remakes?

I'm not sure about your first question, but the version of Perfect Dark in Rare Replay was a remaster based on the XBLA release. The other N64 games on that collection also had smoother frame rates.

If it's a licensing thing, it might be based off internet connectivity and functionality being technically a new feature completely instead of just allowing us to run the game better with better framerates, higher quality textures and achievements - which is an outside system - the multiplayer that you get on the N64 version of the game over the internet is ESSENTIALLY the same as using Parsec or something else to have someone else play with you on your own copy - which is why it's so spotty. So it might come down to a technicality.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

With the one-year exclusivity contract with Sony now over, Deathloop is coming to Xbox on Game Pass next Tuesday.

Fuck yeah! 

17 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Deathloop is a good game right?

It is! It has it's faults (only one true path), but the story is enjoyable, the gameplay and powers are a blast, the invasions intense. I really enjoyed my time with it

• 2 weeks later...

So I recently have been trying Deathloop again and even changing all the accessibility stuff I still find it prohibitively hard to get through. Do I just suck or is it actually a pretty challenging game? All the Julianna interference messes me up really bad. Last time I finished a really long part on my last life and I was so happy and proud of myself. I snuck to the exit and then a bomb went off and it was like oh yeah I have to go hack the fucking antenna because I killed Julianna like an hour ago or something and then I died and lost all that progress. That's not fun. Being forced to redo tons of stuff every time you mess up is not a fun game

I think this has flown under the radar of a lot of people, but Prodeus is fucking awesome. It's basically if Doom 2 had a baby with the 2016 remake. Seriously, download it. It's an absurdly small file size. Or watch a video of it, whatever. I thought the pixelated graphics mixed with 3D would be weird but it just WORKS and it's great. And it's over the top gore, but not so much that it'll turn you off (since characters are pixels, not full 3D renders).

On 27/09/2022 at 02:23, Your Mom said:

So I recently have been trying Deathloop again and even changing all the accessibility stuff I still find it prohibitively hard to get through. Do I just suck or is it actually a pretty challenging game? All the Julianna interference messes me up really bad. Last time I finished a really long part on my last life and I was so happy and proud of myself. I snuck to the exit and then a bomb went off and it was like oh yeah I have to go hack the fucking antenna because I killed Julianna like an hour ago or something and then I died and lost all that progress. That's not fun. Being forced to redo tons of stuff every time you mess up is not a fun game

From what I can tell, the AI is quite easy to exploit because the enemies don't tend to flank you. Hiding and shooting them one-by-one is a possible tactic.

Having put a bit of time into Deathloop over the last week, I'm in the strange situation in which I like what I've done so far, but also don't really feel like playing more. I might just explore the areas and kill the targets without trying to do it all in one loop. I'm not sure I'm really into the game enough to do that.

2 hours ago, tristy said:

I think this has flown under the radar of a lot of people, but Prodeus is fucking awesome. It's basically if Doom 2 had a baby with the 2016 remake. Seriously, download it. It's an absurdly small file size. Or watch a video of it, whatever. I thought the pixelated graphics mixed with 3D would be weird but it just WORKS and it's great. And it's over the top gore, but not so much that it'll turn you off (since characters are pixels, not full 3D renders).

I read good things about Prodeus a couple of days ago. It definitely ought to appeal to Doom fans, combining fast-paced movement and powerful guns.

• 2 weeks later...