X-BOX Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

35 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Please tell me there is footage of people burning their Xboxs in defiance. "Spent 500 dollars on this series X but screw you Microsoft, this will show you!".

Also, anyone tried Hi Fi Rush or what's the general reaction to it? I saw some talk last night on Twitter that seemed to be comparing it to Sunset Overdrive but I dunno if that's purely down to it being a colorful shooter.

Just did the first stage of Hi-Fi Rush. I don't remember much of Sunset Overdrive but I think they are pretty similar. Like this game is objectively really stupid but I had fun and will probably finish it unless it gets prohibitively hard later on

I'm looking forward to the nostalgia dump from Goldeneye, no matter how terrible I perform.

The auto aim feels fairly generous so that should help. I was taking out the guys down the corridoors on Dam with the assault rifle by just hip firing, I think I managed to get the pillbox guys too that way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The new Ninja Turtles beat em up on XBox Game Pass is really fun. They captured the spirit of the original Ninja Turtles arcade games while also making it feel modern. The graphics are beautiful, bright and colorful. Gameplay is simple but offers a good variety of moves. Giving the option of using April and Splinter is a fun wrinkle added to the game. Me and the kids have been having a lot of fun with it.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2023 at 10:00, VerbalPuke said:

The new Ninja Turtles beat em up on XBox Game Pass is really fun. They captured the spirit of the original Ninja Turtles arcade games while also making it feel modern. The graphics are beautiful, bright and colorful. Gameplay is simple but offers a good variety of moves. Giving the option of using April and Splinter is a fun wrinkle added to the game. Me and the kids have been having a lot of fun with it.

Same. My daughter and I have really enjoyed the TMNT nostalgia and the game plays so well.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone here 1) lives in America and 2) has Verizon and 3) wants an Xbox Series S: they're offering a coupon code through Verizon Up that gives you 50% off.

12 hours ago, tristy said:

If anyone here 1) lives in America and 2) has Verizon and 3) wants an Xbox Series S: they're offering a coupon code through Verizon Up that gives you 50% off.

Whoa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lineker changed the title to X-BOX Megathread 2023
  • 2 weeks later...

So I ended up picking up a Series S for $150 thanks to that Verizon deal. Debating whether to sell it at retail for profit or keep it. Someone convince me one way or another. 

I suppose it depends on whether or not you plan to go for the Series X at some point. The Series S only plays digital versions of games, so you won't be able to use any discs for backwards compatible games.

As a Game Pass machine, it's well regarded, especially at the price.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I suppose it depends on whether or not you plan to go for the Series X at some point. The Series S only plays digital versions of games, so you won't be able to use any discs for backwards compatible games.

As a Game Pass machine, it's well regarded, especially at the price.

I haven't had an Xbox since the 360 and have since purged my life of most physical media so I guess it would assume the mantel of Game Pass machine for me. 

They make great game pass machines and then we can be like hey Ellis and Kaney, lets play games together just like the old days but then probably not actually end up doing it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maxx said:

They make great game pass machines and then we can be like hey Ellis and Kaney, lets play games together just like the old days but then probably not actually end up doing it.

That's the dream. 

Other than Halo what are some of the must have sclusis?

11 hours ago, LL! said:

That's the dream. 

Other than Halo what are some of the must have sclusis?

Technically, Xbox doesn't really have proper exclusive now because Microsoft's first-party games come out on PC as well. If you're looking at games that aren't on Playstation and Nintendo systems, I'd recommend:

Rare Replay (collection of 30 historic Rare games - there's bound to be something you like in there)

Gears Tactics (basically XCOM in the Gears of War universe)

Microsoft Flight Simulator (self-explanatory)

Pentiment (stylish adventure game set in 16th century Germany)

Forza Horizon series (open world racing)

As Dusk Falls (choose-your-own-adventure)

Grounded (twee survival action)

All first-party games come to Game Pass on day one, and pretty much all Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Xbox One exclusives are on there too.

• Like 2