X-BOX Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

Also @Your MomCan I recommend this channel to you? Fudge Muppet. They do lore and builds for the game's. Might help you make up the mind, and discover a fun build. 

Edit: Fun fact I inspired their serial killer one for Fallout 4 with my character playthrough.

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

It is probably my favorite Fallout game. This has made me think though that as much as I enjoy Fallout I don't think I played any DLC outside of Fallout 4

Far Harbor is the only worthy one of Fallout 4. It felt almost New Vegas with the factions. It was a cool setting really. The Children of Atom base was one I spent a lot of time chilling at in game. Looking out my Vault at the stormy sky of Far Harbor with Nuka Cokes and Power Armor around my character.

He was a Raider Warrior Chief at the end, with an army of Death Claw and Krabs. 

Screenshot_20221213-140257_YouTube.jpg

Plus Nick Valentine :wub: He was an amazing follower and slipped into the feeling of Bogart to me at the time.

Remember Fallout 4 very fondly as I played a lot of it with my Grandmother. When she died I started a Survival Mode. I'm pretty much everything complete bar the final mission and have an underground vault. Think my playtime on it came to about 2 year's worth. 😅

Enjoy New Vegas. The builds and lore video's will help if you need some added fun. New Vegas was great. Always had fun with the Fallout games.

Snap up that deal for yourself, and have a blast. Just keep us updated with how you are playing it.

Added extra is taking out Cesear in a suicide assault with Boone. He was a layered character, but great for a Sniper playthrough. Blowing a Death Claw head off miles away. Ah I am jealous now. 

• Like 2

On 03/01/2023 at 10:13, IDOL said:

People who play Fortnite Squads… then proceed to not land with teammates, not revive or help out in any way… or even worse quit when I’m trying to revive you…. why???

You are playing with my son evidently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The legendary edition is only like $10 more and you get the game, season pass and premium skins or something. I don’t know if you already bought the game, though. Well, it’s $60 on PlayStation anyway. Not sure if it’s on sale for Xbox right now.

Edited by tristy
  • Thanks 1

The rumours were true. An Xbox showcase will happen on 25th January to show more footage of games coming out in the first half of the year.

A major absentee from the showcase will be Starfield. That will be getting its own dedicated show at a later date.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I pre-installed something called "Football Manager". Is it basically just EWR but Soccer? Or do I actually have to play the games?

I don't want to play the games :( 

You don’t have to play the games. Well, not in the same as FIFA. You’ll need to make substitutions, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I pre-installed something called "Football Manager". Is it basically just EWR but Soccer? Or do I actually have to play the games?

I don't want to play the games :( 

This is a fascinating example of the cultural differences between the USA and most other countries.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bobfoc said:

Remember that it's going to focus on Redfall, Minecraft Legends, Forza Motorsport and Elder Scrolls Online. There haven't been any promises of anything other than that, so expectations should be kept in check.

I appreciate that! I'm curious about Redfall, the others are very meh to me. 

I think the format of the show was fine. The Hi-Fi Rush shadow drop aside, they've been open about what to expect.

Minecraft Legends is something that intrigues me, not because I have high expectations, but because I'm keen to see how well they can make an action-strategy hybrid work on a console. In a strange way, it reminds me a bit of how the strategy battles worked in Brutal Legend.

Although the more serious Forza games (as opposed to the Horizon series) isn't likely to draw me in to a huge degree, I did like the sound of the car-building single-player career mode. I hope that's reasonably substantial because I can't see myself playing the game competitively.

Hi-Fi Rush is going to be out later today, so I might as well give it a try. It's looking stylish and the world and graphical design remind me of Jet Set Radio, even though the gameplay itself is different. The last rhythm-action game I played was Metal Hellsinger, which I found to be a bit repetitive, so my expectations are in the same general zone.

Elder Scrolls Online doesn't interest me at all. That's not to say it doesn't have its audience, but MMORPGs never did turn my head.

I'm not sure what to make of Redfall. It sounds like a mish-mash of several ideas thrown together, which could just as easily make for a variety of fun escapades as it could a series of half-baked components that all underdeliver.

Please tell me there is footage of people burning their Xboxs in defiance. "Spent 500 dollars on this series X but screw you Microsoft, this will show you!".

Also, anyone tried Hi Fi Rush or what's the general reaction to it? I saw some talk last night on Twitter that seemed to be comparing it to Sunset Overdrive but I dunno if that's purely down to it being a colorful shooter.