X-BOX Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

"What if we made an FPS but also Morty screams at you the whole time?" is a real thought that one of the biggest game publishers actually entertained.

• Haha 1

I wonder if they're going to make this some sort of service or 'hub' where you get new tracks/cars released instead of sequels. Maybe I'm just overthinking the fact they've stopped using the sequel numbers, just seems odd they'll still number Horizon 5 but stop here.

Just now, Your Mom said:

Does anyone play the squad-based stuff like Redfall? Like it seems to be popular I guess but I don't know anyone who plays them

I'm in the same boat. It seems everyone but me has people who want to play with them.

I don't care at all for Fallout 76, but they always use good songs for the trailers.

6 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Not wishing to profile all white bald dudes but was that Vin Diesel in Ark 2?

yeah, I think that got announced at a Game Awards or something, that he was going to be in the new Ark.

11 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Was this already known? I mean I'll at least try it now

Yeah, the free-to-play part is new. Previously it was going to be that PVP was free to Overwatch 1 owners but the PvE mode and new characters were Overwatch 2 exclusive. Guess Blizzard's just gonna go hard on loot boxes and skins?

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

I've been trying not to be negative but everything is so samey today. Like I'm really bored and don't want to play any of this. I mean I might try some since I have Game Pass anyway but I wouldn't buy any of it

I find that many of the best games these days are the ones that sneak up under the radar. Just forget big game hype and you'll find a lot of nice surprises.

• Like 2

Feels weird that it's been 10 yerars since Diablo 3 but I guess they've padded out the time in between with the console ports, the D2 remaster and recently Immortal.

The open world part sounds intruiging, another element of that endorphin pushing I guess in that not only are you going around trying to get new gear, you kinda want to tick off all the different dungeons, restore all the towns etc.