FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Twist said:

I think banning a stuttered run up to penalties needs to be seriously considered. It so significantly disadvantages the goalie.

Also never a penalty. There’s no contact until Di Maria has already thrown himself from his feet.

That was always a penalty.

Enzo Fernandez and Rodrigo de Paul are absolutely bossing this France midfield.

2 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

That was always a penalty.

Enzo Fernandez and Rodrigo de Paul are absolutely bossing this France midfield.

He makes no contact until Di Maria is already on his way to the floor. I can see why it was given but I find it frustrating it was.

That goal was excellent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Netherlands got back into the game bullying Argentina by going direct. France taking off their best target man doesn't seem like a great choice.

I think they're going to try counter pressing and then just pray Mbappe can do something magical... twice.

19 minutes ago, Twist said:

He makes no contact until Di Maria is already on his way to the floor. I can see why it was given but I find it frustrating it was.

That goal was excellent.

Having seen that closer replay I’m very wrong on that penalty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, damhausen said:

I can't get over that Argentina might win the World Cup with a Brighton player as one of their key/best players and an Aston Villa player in goal.

Have players currently a member of either of those clubs ever won a World Cup before?

First time a Villa player has played in a final. Assume the same for Brighton?

Edited by Twist