FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

7 minutes ago, Twist said:

First time a Villa player has played in a final. Assume the same for Brighton?

I'd be surprised if a Brighton player played in a world cup final before, apart from a brief couple of years in the 80s, they've not been in the top flight until this latest stint 

12 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I can't get over that Argentina might win the World Cup with a Brighton player as one of their key/best players and an Aston Villa player in goal.

Have players currently a member of either of those clubs ever won a World Cup before?

Plus a 21 year old who has only played only 4 months of European club football

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd be surprised if a Brighton player played in a world cup final before, apart from a brief couple of years in the 80s, they've not been in the top flight until this latest stint 

I had a quick check and they’ve only had about 10/11 total World Cup players including the 7 this year.

They had a guy who was in and around the England team in ‘66 but didn’t make the final squad (he did go to 1970 WC).

• Like 1