Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

There's levels to this quadruple chasing malarkey....

Absolutely battered. Mental fragility from players (looking at you Bruno). Lucky to still have 11 men on the pitch. 

Oh wow.

Honestly expected United to grind out an annoying draw but they just collapsed in this half

Souness defo wants to rub it in Keane and Neville's face after he said he was confident we'd win.

Ahh man what a result. Absolutely massive and potentially season defining. We've kept 5 clean sheets on the bounce in the league and won 4 and drew 1. Need to carry this momentum and we can get that fourth spot. 

The fact they were relentless and still looked for goals was brilliant to see

3 hours ago, damhausen said:

One thought I have is that a stop start clock akin to the NFL as opposed to the NBA could avoid the radical shift to a 60-minute game clock. Instead the clock stops on clear "out of play" moments and then for set pieces, corners, throw-ins, goal kicks, anything else there's a "play clock" of sorts that's heavily codified. Any hiccups with it will get resolved early as the players figure out how to manage it and work within its confines and you still get a traditional 90 minute match.

Either way, whatever change does get made, it'll be met with a ton of uproar from "traditionalists" and then in a year or two most people will likely forget about the before times.

I didn't mean this in regards to scoring.

• Haha 1

We're such a different team with Konate and Virgil together. Konate was absolutely massive all game.

Definitely want to be hopeful we can keep this momentum going. Very important for our summer transfer window we get into the Champions League again. But no matter what, just going to celebrate this wonderful performance and result!

A performance like that giving a boost to the run in to the end of the season could be the difference between CL qualification and not, as well as the success in the transfer window with Bellingham more likely to join Liverpool if he comes to England, fascinating game and result.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Colly said:

World Cup added time is a nonsense, it should be a stop start clock to do it properly.

I also don't think we're remotely the worst time wasters this season, but the media have happily latched on to Klopp etc whinging. Even Man City were getting told by the ref to speed up their throw ins yesterday.

I'd take the World Cup added time over nothing, I'm in on the stop / start clock for 60 mins but I don't see it taking off because it's more of a radical change. 

Newcastle have the ball in play for the second lowest amount of time in the league, anecdotally a bunch of teams complain about their time-wasting specifically, when you came to Spurs it was genuine shocking (however, on that day, we could've had all the added time in the world and it wouldn't have mattered, we were awful as per). As I said, it only bothers me because I find it boring, every team does it, I don't like it when we do it, but I think you're the worst I've seen this year personally over a number of games. 

Again, you're nowhere near Ben Foster levels. That man. My God. 

• Like 1

I did not realize that the defeat to Liverpool on Sunday was not just Man Utd's biggest premier league defeat but it's now their joint record league defeat, away defeat and overall defeat.

😬