Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

I mean our current 'interim' situation is a committee of coaches who never picked a team prior to Tuesday night, so Lamps - or virtually anyone else - wouldn't exactly be worse.

At this stage, if we are keeping an interim setup until the end of the season, it hardly matters who it is. May as well be someone that the fans actually like on at least one level.

If we do keep Bruno et al in charge until the end of season, Potter might as well still be in the job.

12 minutes ago, Twist said:

I don’t want to get my hopes up about the Champion’s League but this group of beautiful bastards is making it really difficult not to.

I think it's pretty much nailed the top 4 tbh. 

I don't see Tottenham having enough about them to get ahead of either Newcastle or the mancs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I think it's pretty much nailed the top 4 tbh. 

I don't see Tottenham having enough about them to get ahead of either Newcastle or the mancs. 

I wouldn’t write Brighton off yet and we we’ve had a spell this season that if we repeated would put the top 4 at risk.

Im feeling pretty comfortable about Europe in general next year, which will be great. But really, really hope those European nights are against some of the big lads. Give me Bayern, give me Barcelona, give me PSG. It’s been 20 years, I’ve bloody missed it.

Also, Jacob Murphy has been solid since Almiron got hurt. Really held his own and probably deserves to be on that list with Miggy and Big Joe of players finding a real groove under Howe.

7 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Eddie Howe deserves a lot of credit. Newcastle are challenging for Champions League football and they haven't even brought in especially high-profile players yet.

The fact we're up there with two Geordies plus childhood fan Murphy in the lineup is lovely too. Realistically it's only really Bruno, Botman, Isak and Trippier (on reputation rather than cost) who were out of reach on an Ashley budget, but what Howe's got out of players that Steve Bruce had completely written off is superb. The difference between the two is ridiculous considering we've gone from no coach to a good coach, but I suspect Howe actually is that good.

• Like 5

Emerson definitely should be off the field now. I understand the second yellow threshold is higher but that’s three fouls now this half. Eventually something has to give.

Big Dan Burn isn’t having his best game for us.

• Like 1

4 substitutions and they didn’t take Emerson off? That’s the kind of move that’ll bite you in the back side, especially with a fresh Gordon running at him now.

12 minutes ago, Colly said:

Agreed on both. Paqueta's walking a fine line too.

Would be good to give Targett a run out.

Burn looks knackered and I’m not overly surprised. Howe is obviously very reluctant to make changes to the back 4 whether that’s the starting XI or in game. Poor guys need a rest.

There’s so many West Ham fans leaving en masse you’d think it was a planned protest.

I think we’ve been great in this game but despite that I’d still say West Ham have lost this game as opposed to Newcastle winning it. Just awful composure at the back.

10 minutes ago, Colly said:

I was getting nervy there mind, thanks to Fabianski for that.

Big Joe with a big reassuring cuddle of a goal there to really ease those nerves.

Edited by Twist