Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

36 minutes ago, Twist said:

Is Robertson being punished? Because by standards set already this season he should be seeing an 8 game ban for grabbing the referee like that?

Mitrovic got 3 for the card, 3 for the nature of the red (grabbing an official) and 2 for language. So you could argue at least a 6 game ban would be fair (a retrospective red as it could/should have been, plus 3 for the nature of the incident), but he'll get fuck all.

I also appreciate that it will be perceived differently by different sets of fans, but Mitro's OTT reaction was largely following the red, a red card that hasn't come in any other altercations this year where players have laid their hands on the official. I'm not someone who looks to claim that the big teams and little teams are treated differently, but I'll be very interested to see if anything comes of this outside of the linesmen getting fucked over.

1 minute ago, Liam said:

Mitrovic got 3 for the card, 3 for the nature of the red (grabbing an official) and 2 for language. So you could argue at least a 6 game ban would be fair (a retrospective red as it could/should have been, plus 3 for the nature of the incident), but he'll get fuck all.

The lads Scottish, we can probably assume there’s something in there for language as well.

• Haha 1

Standard of players behaviour towards officials seems to have gotten worse this season. 

But the linesman has completely put himself in a stupid position by reacting whether he did mean or not mean to catch him. Whether you deem that harsh/double standards but unfortunately that's the way it is. 

6 hours ago, Twist said:

Is Robertson being punished? Because by standards set already this season he should be seeing an 8 game ban for grabbing the referee like that?

Nah cause Bruno done it to the linesman and got nothing so standards being set is what you expect. There are none. 

Let's be honest here, we've all wanted to elbow a Scotsman named Andy in the throat at some point in our lives...

• Haha 5

So Leeds, when in the Championship, were ready to pay £18m for a striker who was majorly out of form and not good enough to play at his club or on loan at Monaco in the first half of the season, if they got promoted, AND give huge wages to the player...and it was apparently Bielsa who wanted him... only to then immediately decide he wasn't good enough to play his style of football. 

All of this is absolutely hilarious. Good for him getting that bag. Leeds were absolutely stupid in their decision making, tried to be slimy douchebags and use COVID changing when the season ending as a way to get out of it. It's not his fault Leeds were so incompetent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Saw this coming

tbh Liverpool ended all interest in van Dijk months before signing him. Danny Ward was going to be given a chance to be Liverpool first choice keeper then Alission was signed. It was reported in July 2020 that Liverpool were "no longer interested" in signing Thiago.

There is every chance this actually increases the chances of Liverpool signing Jude Bellingham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Meh. 

This isn't the frustrating part, the frustrating part is we needed to invest in the midfield about 2 seasons ago and didn't and spent this summer fart arsing about and ended up getting Arthur in on loan. 

We need several midfielders and if we can go the route of what worked prior when we got the likes of Salah/Mane/Gini/Robbo etc rather than splurge on one midfielder then I'm happy to do that. 

I do think this is a case of "leak it out" because every LFC journo is reporting on it like clockwork. But I think he'll end up at Madrid. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Oh you sweet summer child ❤️

Oh I don't really care. Ive never seen Jude Bellingham play a single second of football.

My point is that Liverpool have used similar lines multiple times for players they ultimately signed.

Its a common PR strategy they use when negotiating transfers.