Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

Seems the cracks may be starting to appear a little. Two up in back to back games to end up drawing them both at such a vital part of the season is going to sting. 

• Like 1

A lot of the City squad is the same City squad that has competed with us over the last few seasons and know what it takes. Its why missing out the first time under Klopp was a blessing really as we then knew the levels we had to be at. 

If Arsenal win it'll be a fantastic achievement but if they miss out, my impression of what Arteta has done and the mentality that the team has grown over the last few seasons is they'll learn from it and use it as a positive. This is still a very young squad compared to a lot of other teams and the job Arteta has done and the recruitment over the last few seasons can't be understated. 

• Like 2

I feel like the occasional "so and so hasn't won at [away ground] in the top flight for 60 years" when they've only played each other twice in the top flight in that time is up there

• Like 1

Quite a frantic first half from both sides but carelessness from Leeds and a bit of ruthlessness (nice to see away from home) 

Surprised it was allowed to stand but at the same time really not surprised given how consistently shite the standard of officiating/VAR is 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Helps when you've got Gerrard doing VAR

There you go. Konate has gifted you one back

Think you saw what we've been missing this season a lot and what Leeds have not demonstrated enough of in this one game. Thought we were excellent tbh, ruthless, calm and controlled and the finishing has been a lot better but Leeds didn't half make it easy in the second half. Became a training exercise and they just compeltely gave up. Fair play to the fans who stayed and were still singing and trying to get back into the game. 

That's a big blow though for Leeds. 11 goals conceded in two home games, worse goal difference than Leicester and just slightly better than Everton. 

I'm hoping we just end on a good run to the season and try to finish as high as we can. Whilst no European football would allow a fresh focus on the league, I just want us to be playing in Europe whether it's Europa League or Conference League. 

Always nice to have one of those games where you snap all the other teams cold streaks. First goal for Jota in over a year, a rare win for Liverpool against a bad team...it's like playing FM and the other teams striker gets his first goal of the season against you after like 30 appearances.

I did get the ugly blue cheese shirt because they're selling them off for a tenner so at least that's some vaguely positive news.

16 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I'm hoping we just end on a good run to the season and try to finish as high as we can. Whilst no European football would allow a fresh focus on the league, I just want us to be playing in Europe whether it's Europa League or Conference League. 

Conference would be kinda amusing in that 'one of the these things is not like the others' way when you have a group of Liverpool and the 4th best teams from Bulgaria, Greece and Outer Mongolia.

We've got a big mentality problem imo, under Gracia we look fine to good (well, as good as you can with a counter attacking play style) until we concede and then everyone just panics. Some of that might be down to the lack of leaders on the pitch but I half suspect that's there's a divided changing room, we've got a squad that is 50% Bielsa's and 50% Yank Lampard's - two very different ethos.

I don't really blame Gracia for this or even particularly the cheerleader, this is largely on the triplets. Stay up or go down, we really need the 49ers to take over. As much as Radz has been by far the best owner we've had in the last 25 years, he's out of his depth now and the less said about Orta and Kinnear the better; fair fucks for going out and getting Marcelo but everything else they've done in the past 6/7 years has been poor to disastrous.