Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

Seeing a lot of "Arsenal have bottled the title" posts on Twitter today.

They're still 5pts clear, and City need to win their games in hand first. The game on Wednesday night remains vital.

Momentum is very much in City's favour despite the point difference. 

Two goals ahead against us and West Ham and arguably lucky to get a point in either game. Three goals conceded against bottom of the league. The cracks are showing mentally and suddenly a defensive fragility that hasn't really been there this season has appeared. 

If they can somehow come away without a defeat against City that'll be dint against City but Arsenal have some tough games left 

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

Seeing a lot of "Arsenal have bottled the title" posts on Twitter today.

They're still 5pts clear, and City need to win their games in hand first. The game on Wednesday night remains vital.

As someone who supports a team that have lost out to City the majority of the last few years, this is what they do. They're a machine. They'll win every game left this season.

• Like 3

If Arsenal end up missing out City, the last three games will be the huge talking point, they did well to come back from 3-1 down last night to draw 3-3 at home to a struggling Southampton, you shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. 

City's squad depth will also play a huge roll in this title race. I want Arsenal to see it out but City are a different machine. The match against City could very well be the decider in this title race 

Most were predicting City already with the one game in hand and the game against Arsenal to come. That result last night has put it firmly in their hands now.

Still a bit to go, but we're getting to close to "He's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something" territory as far as the story of this season is going.

• Like 1

Probably, but I'd be surprised if that happens more than to Arsenal at this stage, especially with their next 4 fixtures. Wednesday will be massive of course, but a draw would now suit Man City.

Arsenal look physically and mentally broken, there were shades of last season but without the ability to attempt trying to blame everyone else. I do think there will be twists and turns still and I wouldn't put it past them to grab a point at least on Wednesday, although I can equally see them being dismantled with the way they seem to be leaking goals.  It's set up nicely and if nothing else Arsenal have ensure that their recent matches have offered entertainment at least.

• Like 1

Arsenal are pretty much feeling how we felt that first title race against City before we won it. 

You've gotta be near perfect. They've got the depth, that squad has the experience and they know what they need to do. 

Said it the other week if they do miss out they'll still have gained a lot from this season and it'll drive them on. You'd expect it'd be tougher as United will be in their second season under Ten Hag, you'd imagine us and Chelsea will be a lot better, Tottenham might have a plan and then you've got unknowns on Newcastle in terms of what they'll do. 

I know before the draw against us they had won several on the bounce but they looked broken at the end of that game. Rather then it feeling like a point gained when they should have lost they looked like they'd blown in. Zinchenko was in tears on the bench 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Arsenal are pretty much feeling how we felt that first title race against City before we won it. 

You've gotta be near perfect. They've got the depth, that squad has the experience and they know what they need to do. 

Said it the other week if they do miss out they'll still have gained a lot from this season and it'll drive them on. You'd expect it'd be tougher as United will be in their second season under Ten Hag, you'd imagine us and Chelsea will be a lot better, Tottenham might have a plan and then you've got unknowns on Newcastle in terms of what they'll do. 

I know before the draw against us they had won several on the bounce but they looked broken at the end of that game. Rather then it feeling like a point gained when they should have lost they looked like they'd blown in. Zinchenko was in tears on the bench 

Agreed with everything here. Its heartbreaking to have come so close but for me I have to think we should be happy with what we've done, considering how much of a rebuild we needed. If anything we're ahead of schedule right now so it should be seen as a positive. Arteta clearly has us going the right way, we're in a brilliant position to strengthen for next season and for once, I don't think it'll be an impossible job to just reinforce the areas that are cracking a bit.

I like Ramsdale a lot but he isn't a world class keeper and you absolutely need one to compete these days. I've compared him to Joe Hart at City, he's perfectly adequate but there's a definite level above. If we can get a top centre back so we're not rotating Saliba with Rob Holding and we can pick up a Caicedo/Rice type player so we can stop playing Partey, I think we'll do fine.

I do think the mental strength is almost at the right place, we were mentality monsters early doors I think we just need more experience being in this position because the quality is there for sure.

Anyway, fuck City.

• Like 2

Good win that. Forest didn't go down without a fight at all, quite stubborn and were a threat from the long throw. Johnson hit the bar as well but felt we were the better team. Nice for Jota to get two goals again as well. Back to back wins is nice and it keeps the pressure on and we continue to build momentum.

Massive win for Leicester that at the bottom to come from behind to win and climb out the relegation zone 

• Admin

Manchester City’s Premier League match against Leeds is set to be broadcast on television in the UK despite being moved to 3pm on a Saturday.

The fixture was scheduled for Sunday 7 May but has been brought forward by a day because of City’s Champions League semi-final trip to Real Madrid the following Tuesday. The game will be shown on Sky Sports as planned despite it now being in the Saturday afternoon “blackout” period.

This rule blocks the broadcast of games at any level in England between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday in order to protect match attendances and participation at lower levels in the football pyramid. On that particular Saturday, however, there are no 3pm matches set to be played in the Championship or Leagues One and Two or the National League or its regional divisions, which all have games scheduled over the rest of the bank holiday weekend.

“The match will remain live on Sky Sports in the UK, subject to further consultation with relevant stakeholders,” said a Premier League statement. It added that a lunchtime broadcast slot has been avoided so as not to clash with the King’s coronation while an evening kick-off is not possible because of a lack of police resourcing.

Pep Guardiola’s City, beat Sheffield United in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday, remain in contention to complete the treble. They are five points behind Arsenal with two matches in hand, and host Mikel Arteta’s side on Wednesday.

City’s match at Brighton has also been rescheduled for Wednesday 24 May, before the final round of Premier League fixtures on Sunday 28 May.