Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

10 hours ago, Cymbols said:

5th at the end of April is just absurd. 

26 points from a possible 30 in the last 10 is a ridiculous turnaround. 

Glad to see Emery is smashing it.  

Went to read a match preview for Chelsea v Brentford tonight and was appropriately ridiculed:

There’s a massive game in this midweek round of the Premier League, kicking off at 8pm local time tonight, between league-leaders Arsenal and title-favorites Manchester City.

But in case a title-deciding six-pointer is not your flavor, you can torture yourself with a match between two of the least in-form teams in the league, neither of whom have anything to fight for the rest of the way, mired deeply in the mediocrity of midtable.

Chelsea team news: That’s now seven straight without a win (five of those at home!), with four defeats on the bounce in all competitions. We’ve scored just one goal in our last six games.

Can it get any worse? Surely not. But then again, surely yes.

That's me told.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And here I thought playing Conor Gallagher at striker was some weird one-off "we're 2-0 down against Real Madrid, got to bust out something desperate" shtick from Lampard, but NOPE. He's here again at home to Brentford.

We have 500 wingers/forwards and the only one who gets a start is Sterling. :lol: This shit is wild.

Just now, Colly said:

The one where De Bruyne kicked Partey? Never a pen, clear free kick, unless it's another I didn't see?

Feel like Ramsdale should have done better on his near post too.

He did but I think Partey came across with no attempt to play the ball. Seen penalties given for less, I think we were lucky.

Arteta: Takes a shambolic Arsenal side from firm midfield to challenging for the title and a (very likely but throughly earned) second place finish. Currently losing to one of the best teams in history.

Arsenal twitter: arteta is an idiot, he knows nothing about tactics and persists with Rob Holding, he should take him off and put on Trossard and just try to score more

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Second was a little bit questionable looked like Stones was offside but De Bryunes first and second goals were just great.

It's a shame Arteta has done a really good job with this Arsenal side its just a shame, he's came up against arguably the best City squad they've had.