Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

Just now, Szumi - A Polack said:

And I was ridiculed for saying Villa would finish in the top half at the beginning of the season 🙄

It could still all go wrong :shifty:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dang117 said:

Second was a little bit questionable looked like Stones was offside but De Bryunes first and second goals were just great.

Replays showed he was played on. It was level at absolute worst.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Arteta: Takes a shambolic Arsenal side from firm midfield to challenging for the title and a (very likely but throughly earned) second place finish. Currently losing to one of the best teams in history.

Arsenal twitter: arteta is an idiot, he knows nothing about tactics and persists with Rob Holding, he should take him off and put on Trossard and just try to score more

Arteta was right!

Will now literally be paying more attention to the results of Southampton, Everton, Leicester etc. than our own. The sooner we're mathematically safe, the better.

Our remaining games are Arsenal, Bournemouth, Forest, Man City, Man Utd, Newcastle. I can see us losing every single one.

• Sad 1

Arsenal really don't have anything to be ashamed of. They'll rue missed chances. Missing out on the title through this particular stretch is devastating after a month ago believing it was a near-certainty. But I certainly didn't even envision them as a top 4 club back in August, to finish (presumably) 2nd and with (presumably) over 85 points is fantastic work by them.

I also assume they'll be right back there next year, much like Liverpool were a few years ago.

32 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

And I was ridiculed for saying Villa would finish in the top half at the beginning of the season 🙄

I mean at the start of the season, it was pretty ridiculous, what with that useless dickhead Gerrard in charge. But if you predicted we’d bin him off for a proper manager, hats off to you.

Weirdest timeline continues though, was hoping Chelsea could do us a favour and take points off a European contender. Odds on Frank lasting till the end of the season?

• Like 1

Brighton dropping points

Forest getting a big win and putting pressure on the Ev

We came from a goal behind to win 2-1 in a tough away game and move up above Spurs (potentially for now but play them on the weekend) 

Good set of results tonight 

Keown (I know) was really weird postmatch on BT Sport, first saying he thinks Arsenal are getting there and that with everyone fit (he really emphasised Saliba) it might have been closer, but then saying he thinks Arsenal are 10 years behind City. One of the most nonsense sentences I've ever heard, what club has ever taken 10 years to build any anything, the landscape of football will have changed immensely and even most of that Arsenal squad will be retired or close to. Bizarre man.

That might be his managerial career done. I can’t see another PL team giving him a shot unless he drops down the divisions first and proves himself again. And then the question is whether he’d be willing to do that.

I think that was the case after his Everton tenure too, to be honest. While it's difficult to understand his starting lineup selections at Chelsea, especially now that there's literally nothing to play for except pride, the players are as much to blame as Tuchel/Potter/Lampard.

Let's not forget that Tuchel questioned the ability of his squad before the season even started, and while there have been lots of additions since then, none of them have exactly been a positive impact aside from Fernandez and possibly Badiashile.

Just worked out that Chelsea scored more league goals in March (6) than they did in November, January, February, and April combined (5). That second group only rises to seven if you add December too...

Meanwhile, Man City are currently on 15 league goals in April (averaging 3.75 goals per game) with one still to play before the month ends.