Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Klopp looks like he did a hamstring celebrating, which is honestly fair after how he celebrated

What was his issue with the 4th official? Looked like a massive fucking toddler.

Just now, Colly said:

What was his issue with the 4th official? Looked like a massive fucking toddler.

I have no idea, honestly. But he's got no business taunting him like that. It was embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:

This reminds me of those two 4-3 matches between Liverpool and Newcastle in 1996 and 1997. This one doesn't have any bearing on the title race, though.

Could have a bearing on a different race in the league though. Massively lucky to come away with 3 points there. Should have just put the foot down on the throat in the first and killed it off. Some pisspoor defending both sides, Spurs did well to come back and then we just got the luck in the end. 

Earlier in the season we would have just totally gave in and crumbled. 

Up to 5th with a game over Spurs and Villa with two points on them both. Didn't look likely around February but four wins on the bounce and a late slim push for top 4, couldn't ask for more. End the season on a run of momentum and take that into next season. 

2 minutes ago, Colly said:

Probably some of the freekicks given towards the end of the game. Only one I'd argue on his side was Mo being dragged by Davies before Mo's arm caught him in the face.

Not gonna lie, I laughed. But then I love shithousery and nobheads in footy.

One of the big challenges for Liverpool will be the most likely place Man U and Newcastle drop points will be against Brighton. If Brighton won both those games then all of sudden you’ve got a tasty run in for the last two UCL places.

Although of the final 5 games Newcastle need 9 points with games against Leeds and Leicester in the offing, and a Chelsea team I’d be expecting us not to lose to this year. And this is if Brighton and Liverpool win out the rest of the year. 

Newcastle only need two wins (and to maintain the goal difference advantage) to guarantee finishing above Liverpool, Brighton add an extra little quirk to push it to three pending the game between us. I think it's over and it's just the Europa battle now.

4 minutes ago, Colly said:

Newcastle only need two wins (and to maintain the goal difference advantage) to guarantee finishing above Liverpool, Brighton add an extra little quirk to push it to three pending the game between us. I think it's over and it's just the Europa battle now.

Yeah, the 9 points is based on Brighton as opposed to Liverpool.

I suspect it’s over as well. I can’t see Liverpool and Brighton winning out for a start. I’d also expect us to convert against Leicester and Leeds at a minimum.

• Like 1

Frankly, I'm just happy we showed the spirit to come back (again). Sure would be nice not to have to come back from 3-0 down, but that's what Spurs do now.

I didn't see the game so I can't fairly comment on Jota still being on the pitch, so I will let my inherent bias dictate me and say it was a terrible decision that cost us the match.

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

Frankly, I'm just happy we showed the spirit to come back (again). Sure would be nice not to have to come back from 3-0 down, but that's what Spurs do now.

I didn't see the game so I can't fairly comment on Jota still being on the pitch, so I will let my inherent bias dictate me and say it was a terrible decision that cost us the match.

Only thing I'd say is if Ryan Mason is going to Jota shouldn't be on the pitch, you can argue that Skipp shouldn't be on the pitch either for the tackle he did not Jota. 

Thought it was two bad calls by Paul Tierney but it's Paul Tierney so what's new. The guy is useless

As a complete neutral I thought a yellow was fine, he's not gone in to foul him and while he did go off I don't think it was purely down to the injury. One of those classic "had he given red it wouldn't have been overturned" orange card situations.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyone got any rope I can borrow?

I reckon you could ask this cowboy...

_90476989_bigsamclinteastwood-copyrightm

• Like 2