2023-2024 NBA season

Pooker

Draft is tomorrow (tonight?) Khris Middleton opted out of his contract, becoming one of the biggest free agents out there.

Boston has traded for Kristaps Porzingis, sending Marcus Smart to Memphis, and Memphis sending Tyrus Jones to Washington. Boston also got two first round picks out of the deal.

So after the initial disappointment of the Pistons falling to 5 I am curious about what they do. 

I've seen rumors of moving back, and even one ridiculous trade scenario that has us sending Bogdonavic, Burks, and 5 for Gordon Hayward and 2. Which is absurd to think the Hornets would take veterans (albeit solid ones) for the number 2. 

If we stick at 5 I hope we take Taylor Hendricks. I honestly know fuck all about college or the other two leagues but a 40% 3 point shooter that can play defense, and is only 19? What's the mystery here? 

I don't like the Thompson twins and their awful shooting. Though I think I'd go with Ausar since he seems to have a better chance to improve his jump shot. Cam Whitmore seems like a good fit but is he another Saddiq Bey? Jarace Walker seeks to be a sentimental favorite because he's most reminiscent of the hard nosed Pistons players of years past (but is he too similar to Isiah Stewart?). Tyler Black? Sounds like another Killian Hayes, hard pass. 

I haven't been this excited for a draft in a long time. So many different ways the Jazz could go. I'm hoping we end up with Whitmore or Walker at 9, or one of the Thompson twins drop to us. At 16, assuming we don't trade up to 12, I'm guessing it'll be Kobe Bufkin or George. I'm not a fan of the guy from France, so hoping we pass on him.

If we keep 28, I hope Whitehead is still available, I feel like he could be a steal.

Is this Kristaps trade suppose to be a win for Boston? NBA is still trending small and Smart is an All-Defensive player every year and plays his role along JB and JT well.

Just an odd deal imo, esp with the concerns about Brogdan's shoulder. 

5 hours ago, damhausen said:

Really astounding work by the Wizards to turn Beal and Porzingis into nothing.

David Copperfield would be jealous of how well they made those assets disappear.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, DYSI said:

Is this Kristaps trade suppose to be a win for Boston? NBA is still trending small and Smart is an All-Defensive player every year and plays his role along JB and JT well.

Just an odd deal imo, esp with the concerns about Brogdan's shoulder. 

I don't think it is. I don't see how he fits in with JB and JT and losing Smart really hurts their defense. I think they did good getting the two first round picks.

1 minute ago, Pooker said:

Hahahaha. This is awesome.

Honestly, I don't see it being any different then Durant being traded to Phoenix last year. CP3, as great  as he is, just can't win the big one.

Rumor is this is just so Golden State can send the Poole contract to a team with cap space, then they're going to try moving CP3 for depth.

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

Fuck this fucking team

Could be worse, its not like the team is welcoming a middle eastern nation known for human rights abuses into its ownership group.

3 minutes ago, I Think You Should Busch said:

I love how the ESPN Draft ticker at the bottom for “Team Needs” for the Spurs just says Victor Wembanyama instead of a position.

That's amazing!

I'm definitely very interested to see how he does in the NBA. He purposely played this season for a club that wasn't in the EuroLeague to minimize travel and maximize practice & recovery. So transitioning to the NBA travel life and 4-5 games a week will be a massive transition for him. 

I really hope that he transitions perfectly and has a long, healthy career in the NBA.

• Like 1

ABC providing the worst draft coverage I have ever seen in my life.  I have no idea why they are showing this on the network, they are literally ignoring the draft picks to talk about NBA news, and then talking about draft picks later on.  This is super dumb and terrible.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

ABC providing the worst draft coverage I have ever seen in my life.  I have no idea why they are showing this on the network, they are literally ignoring the draft picks to talk about NBA news, and then talking about draft picks later on.  This is super dumb and terrible.

It would have been nice to know that ABC was talking storylines and news while ESPN was doing pick by pick. Missed the Jazz pick.

Loving the picks so far the Jazz. Hendricks and George fit in perfectly. 

• Like 1