Carabao Cup 2023/24

Lineker

I would like to thank the collective footballing world for deciding that no one anywhere will be broadcasting Chelsea vs. Brighton, thus preventing me from being tempted to find a stream and the self-harm that entails.

3 hours ago, stokeriño said:

I would like to thank the collective footballing world for deciding that no one anywhere will be broadcasting Chelsea vs. Brighton, thus preventing me from being tempted to find a stream and the self-harm that entails.

Not even on the radio this time! Watching a random Instagram livestream will be the only option for the most masochistic fans (who aren't already in attendance).

8 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

The Carabao Cup is a great opportunity for a small team like Chelsea to put a bit of a run together and give the fans some fun days out. There’s a decent chance teams like Brighton might be distracted by their European commitments.

See, the reason this joke doesn't land isn't because of "small team", but rather the concept of us putting a run together just isn't conceivable.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

This might be premature but currently it looks like the Villa squad have had their powers stolen ala Space Jam.

If they didn't have sweaty kits it would have been a different story

6 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

If they didn't have sweaty kits it would have been a different story

Completely unrelated to tonight’s performance (which was awful), those kits are horrendous. As much as things are going well for us on the pitch (on the whole), some of the off field decision making lately has been real questionable.

I was unnecessarily pessimistic. Fucking great second half.

FYI if anyone wants to go to a Newcastle game in the near future just turn up 10 minutes before kickoff and wave anything resembling a barcode at the turnstile guy. That's how well e ticketing is going.

• Haha 2