NFL 2023

Lineker

Entered the SNF game with a lead in my non-EWB fantasy playoff but was only given 33% odds to win with me having Likely and my opponent having Lamar and Engram.  He had CMC who had his typical monster game and left me with little to no margin for error.

I'd like to thank Lamar for throwing the ball to Likely on some big plays and the TD, getting me a win.

44 minutes ago, Michelle Branch said:

I'd put money on Rodgers retiring.

He's too much of an egomaniac to go out after sitting on the bench for a season

• Like 6

If you subscribe to the "Dolphins won't hang with good teams" theory, they'll have a shitload of pressure on them against Dallas this week, especially with a Ravens matchup looming after that.  Meanwhile the Bills have the Chargers and Pats in that same span.

There's a non-zero chance Dolphins vs. Bills in Week 18 ends up being for the East which seemed all but impossible a month ago.

Some real interesting flex decisions looming for the NFL. Seems like there's a very good chance Miami-Buffalo in week 18 is our season-ender since it is likely for the division. Week before that they can flex Minnesota-Green Bay out of SNF and move in Miami-Baltimore but that would mean 3 straight primetime games for the Ravens and the Dolphins playing in back-to-back SNF games which the league often doesn't like.

They also have a potentially big Cincinnati-Cleveland game for week 18 as well as Houston-Indianapolis and maybe a game for the NFC South title for that final SNF game. Given what happened last year I think the league wants to avoid any tiebreakers earlier in the day blowing up the intrigue though, so I think all the chips are being pushed in on that potentially massive Buffalo-Miami AFC East title game.

1 hour ago, Busch Wyatt said:

If you subscribe to the "Dolphins won't hang with good teams" theory, they'll have a shitload of pressure on them against Dallas this week, especially with a Ravens matchup looming after that.  Meanwhile the Bills have the Chargers and Pats in that same span.

There's a non-zero chance Dolphins vs. Bills in Week 18 ends up being for the East which seemed all but impossible a month ago.

If you subscribe to the "Dallas' run defense is non-existent" theory, the Dolphins will have a shitload of pressure on them to repeat their 70 point outing against Denver. 

This defense just made James Cook look like prime Barry Sanders, I'm quite worried about what McDaniels can scheme up for Mostert and Achane.  That alone is going to be a massive problem, ignoring the fact that Stephon Gilmore is going to have to try to keep up with Hill or Waddle.

Dolphins won't hang with good teams is a nice theory, not sure it applies to the Cowboys.  We have one win over a team I would consider good, and we also lost to them.  Other than that our schedule has been a who's who of the worst teams in the league (one of which we lost to) and teams just one tier above that.  Will not be remotely surprised if we lose to the Dolphins and Lions.