NFL 2023

Lineker

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Busch Wyatt said:

If I were a Bills fan this would be it for me honestly.  At a certain point you just accept it’s never gonna happen.

I genuinely thought they'd win today, their fans would be riding high thinking the last obstacle was conquered, and then Lamar would crush them next Sunday like Foles did to the "demons conquered" Vikings 6 years ago. Somehow this loss just feels so, so much more brutal.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

If I were a Bills fan this would be it for me honestly.  At a certain point you just accept it’s never gonna happen.

Lions fans: 

download.jpg

• Haha 2

I’ll take the Ravens, but won’t be remotely surprised if the Chiefs win.  As much as I want the Lions to win, it’s hard not to pick the 49ers.

The funny thing about conspiracy theories is if you want to dig down the rabbit hole far enough you can’t ever be “wrong”.  So it should be a fun time for the wild “NFL rigged” theories next week.

The Lions making the SB is an unlikely enough storyline people could say it’s fixed on principle

The Chiefs making the SB is “well it’s rigged for Swift”

A Niners/Ravens SB “well duh the SB logo is red and purple so they’ve known all along”

The geniuses on NFL Twitter will be going off no matter what happens.

3 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Personally, I support the NFL Super Bowl logo is rigged theory until proven otherwise. It's a source of comfort for the week ahead.

I’d genuinely love to know how many Niners/Ravens conference parlays were placed once the logo was unveiled

And for that matter, how many unfortunate souls threw down money on Chiefs/Vikings

• Haha 1

My friend's got a buddy whose day job is gambling and he stands to make a lot with a Ravens-Niners SB matchup. He did not take a logo into consideration I'm sure, but during the off-season (especially before Lamar re-signed, but even after) the Ravens were not respected in the betting markets.

• Like 2

Can I just repeat how much I love Jason Kelce

• Like 2

Astounded that we've made it this far; still buzzing from last night. 

Realistically, this is probably as far as we get (on their day, the 9ers are the best team in the league for me - them or the Ravens). Still, immensely proud of the team and the turnaround that's happened. Obviously, any given Sunday and all that, so lets see how it goes. 

• Like 4

So thinking about teams that have had the most misery. I think it's most brutal when you have hopes and they're crushed. Basically it boils down to me to brutal playoff losses (or the rare late regular season loss). 

I think Minnesota and Buffalo lead this with 4 all-timers each.

Minnesota - Staubach's Hail Mary, Gary Anderson's missed kick, Favre's interception, and Blair Walsh's missed kick

Buffalo - Wide right, Music City Miracle, 13 seconds, wide right 2

Lot of teams have the one or two crushers. Many of them also have a championship (or more) to offset the suffering. Curious if I'm missing any other teams who really fit in this category. I'm not thinking of perennial also-rans like Washington the last 25 years, the Jets the last 50 years, or the Lions until this year. But teams that were good enough to win it all and didn't because of a total catastrophe.

11 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

So thinking about teams that have had the most misery. I think it's most brutal when you have hopes and they're crushed. Basically it boils down to me to brutal playoff losses (or the rare late regular season loss). 

Minnesota - Staubach's Hail Mary, Gary Anderson's missed kick, Favre's interception, and Blair Walsh's missed kick

Secret Base did a fantastic series on the history of the Minnesota Vikings that talks about all of these (and a lot more) - it's crazy good, I loved it.

Here's the link to the YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUXSZMIiUfFRQGbbUgQRky2-gCAFgsAiz

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Buffalo - Wide right, Music City Miracle, 13 seconds, wide right 2

Lot of teams have the one or two crushers. Many of them also have a championship (or more) to offset the suffering. Curious if I'm missing any other teams who really fit in this category. I'm not thinking of perennial also-rans like Washington the last 25 years, the Jets the last 50 years, or the Lions until this year. But teams that were good enough to win it all and didn't because of a total catastrophe.

Wow this is insulting to not even be included.

7 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

All your brutal defeats are down to coaching malpractice and not the football gods spiting you though.

You don't think the football gods are spiting us with these coaches?