The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

You just have to get used to the grenades. People use them, and for good reason (they're easy to get kills with). Yeah, it sucks when you get killed by someone who randomly threw one across the map, but if that keeps happening then you need to be under cover more often.

Most throws aren't random though, if you can learn where the spawn points are and where the cars are on backlot you can blow them up with a nade from your spawn. Usually taking out a few.

I have an 360 repair question. I had my Xbox 360 picked up by UPS on Friday the 14th.

On Wednesday the 19th I received the following e-mail from them:

We have received your Xbox at our service center. It is our priority to process your Xbox in a timely manner and to get it back to you as good as new. We will contact you as soon as we are finished so you can get ready to get back into the game!

Yay.

On Thursday the 20th I received the following e-mail from them:

Your Xbox Video Game system has been shipped! You can expect to receive it in the next 7 days. Thank you for your patience and get ready to get back into the action! Your shipping information is provided below for your reference: (Please note, this information can take up to 2 business days to become active on the Carrier Web site)

Working for a courier, I know that it's a holiday on Friday 21st. And Monday 24th.

So my questions are, when can I expect my parcel, and will I have to be in the house for it? Do I call UPS and tell them when to deliver it? Why is their tracking site so fucking shit? If I check on it now for example, I get this fucking useless information:

Tracking

Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.

Tracking Number: 1Z W5V 098 68 6371 451 0

Type: Package

Shipped To: MOTHERWELL, GB

Shipped/Billed On: 21/03/2008

Service: STANDARD

Weight: 3.80 Kg

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

Tracking results provided by UPS: 22/03/2008 17:04ET

And to log in, you have to create an account with them. And I can't just take a random day off to receive my 360. And I don't know where the local UPS depot is.

Advise me. <_<

Most throws aren't random though, if you can learn where the spawn points are and where the cars are on backlot you can blow them up with a nade from your spawn. Usually taking out a few.

That's retarded though, I guess it's online gaming too... but damn, when the game is more about learning the spawn points and map exploits... it just sucks the fun out of it for me. Either way, the best feeling in the world is shooting one of those whiny bastard children and listening to them whine on mic. Ahhh.

My XBOX red-ringed today :(

Hopefully I'll get it back in time for GTA IV to come out because I've pre-ordered it already. I can see it just sitting on my tv waiting for my XBOX to come back.

How long has it generally taken for everybody here who had their XBOX shipped off to get it back?

I was guessing around a month.

Oh, I know. But I concider it a random 'nane still, and it's annoying as fuck.

I started playing Saint's Row recently, I know I'm like, the last person on EWB to play it, but I have to say I really like the whole 'inventory full of health restoring items' thing. Not just from a design standpoint, but the principle of squatting down behind a box during a shootout and eating a hamburger is, I think, quite funny.

Kraig: If you got an e-mail when the repair center recieved your e-mail, the amount of days it took for the xbox to reach the repair center should be about the same amount of days it'll take to reach you.

Xbox.com is just being slow. :shifty:

63 is thanks to Orange Box and it's odd GS achivements. I missed an oppurtunity to get a 2GS achivement to level it off.

There we are, 10,113.

Edited by Ellis Misses Benji

Xbox.com is just being slow. :shifty:

63 is thanks to Orange Box and it's odd GS achivements. I missed an oppurtunity to get a 2GS achivement to level it off.

There we are, 10,113.

Congrats!

I should be joing you in the elite 5 digit GS club in a few years. :shifty:

My 360 just fucking Red Ringed on me.

I refuse to wrap it in towels, smack it with a hammer, or put it through the rinse cycle.

Support says I'll receive the box in 5 days, and get my 360 back in 2-3 weeks.

Just in time for GTA, but completely fucking up my gamin schedule. I was intent on beating Assassin's Creed and Halo 3 this week.

Give it a month or two to be honest.

My 360 only took about two weeks to come back.

I was intent on beating Assassin's Creed and Halo 3 this week.

I think your 360 heard you were going to put Assassin's Creed in it and it took the easy way out. :shifty:

I was intent on beating Assassin's Creed and Halo 3 this week.

I think your 360 heard you were going to put Assassin's Creed in it and it took the easy way out. :shifty:

It didn't have a problem with you playing Pocket Bike Racer :shifty:

That was all I could find out of your excellent choice in gaming.

Trying the towel trick, hopefully get a few days out of it.

Edited by Mrs. Doubtfire