The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Fable II Won't Ship With Online Co-op

The feature will go live as an update after the game's launch.

by Ryan Geddes

September 26, 2008 - Fable II, scheduled to ship to retail stores on Oct. 21, will not include online co-op functionality right out of the box and will require a downloadable update afterward, according to a post on Microsoft's Gamerscore blog this afternoon.

Offline co-op will work on day one, but Lionhead and Microsoft Game Studios are still hammering out the kinks in the online co-op. According to the post, the game's developers are "looking to get the update out within the first week of launch in North America." As of today, there's no specific date set for the patch, and there's no word on when other regions might see the update.

Although you won't be able to join up with a friend right away online, the Gamerscore post says you'll "still see your friends as glowing orbs as well as chat and trade with them."

Fable II boasts an ambitious co-op mode that allows you and a friend to interact and affect one another's game worlds to a large degree. And although we've previewed the offline co-op, we haven't yet seen the online functionality in action.

We'll keep you posted as we hear more from Microsoft and Lionhead on the feature and when gamers can expect to see it.

I'm sure I've read something about this before, but I don't properly recall. Basically, I got Pure on Friday, and first time I played, it downloaded a title update. I've just come to play it today, and it has downloaded the title update again. Now I highly doubt there's been two updates within a week of the game coming out, so is my console just not saving them or something?

I'm sure I've read something about this before, but I don't properly recall. Basically, I got Pure on Friday, and first time I played, it downloaded a title update. I've just come to play it today, and it has downloaded the title update again. Now I highly doubt there's been two updates within a week of the game coming out, so is my console just not saving them or something?

It's something to do with how the 360 can only hold the cache of like 4 or 5 game updates at a time so if you play a few games in between playing it again, it'll prompt you to reupdate the game as the 360 forgot about it.

Another set of COD World at War perks have leaked. The leak comes from Playstation Universe.

Perk 1:

- Special Grenades x3

- Satchel Charge x2

- M9A1 Bazooka x2

- Bomb Squad

- Bouncing Betty x2 (similar to claymores)

- Bandolier

- Primary Grenades x2

- M2 Flamethrower

Perk 2:

- Stopping Power

- Fireworks (explosives cause more damage)

- Flak Jacket (decreases damage taken by explosives)

- Gas Mask

- Juggernaut

- Camouflage

- Sleight of Hand

- Shades (decreases intensity of signal flares)

- Double Tap

- Overkill

Perk 3:

- Deep Impact

- Extreme Conditioning

- Steady Aim

- Toss Back (resets fuse on tossing back enemy grenade)

- Second Chance (ability to revive allies)

- Martyrdom

- Fireproof

- Dead Silence

- Iron Lungs

- Reconnaissance (shows artillery and tanks on map)

Vehicle Perk:

- Water Cooler (slows overheating of tank's machine gun)

- Greased Bearings (speeds up rotation of tank's main cannon)

- Ordnance Training (boosts firing rate of main tank cannon)

- Leadfoot (boosts tank movement speed)

- Coaxial Machine Gun

Edited by abundant

Ugh, RROD today, then it worked for a few minutes, and then RROD again. Sending it in, hopefully it's a quick turnaround.

I feel your pain sir... I feel your pain. Lucky for me I am close to Dallas and the Microsoft Repair Center is in Mesquite, Texas which is sorta close. I am praying for mine to be returned sometime next week and then spend the next couple of hours have to get the patch for the new Dashboard... ugh.