The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Anyone getting Last Remnant? Its between that and Fallout 3 for me right now, just have to decide which kind of RPG I want to play

Fallout 3 is the only option.

CLEARLY IT IS NOT!

Why should I trust your opinion, the game clearly murdered your 360. Perhaps its awesomeness caused this, but I cannot be sure. I'll eventually be getting both of them, though.

It was Smackdown that killed my system :shifty:

Also, I haven't heard much about Last Remnant. Tell me about it?

Its Square's first original in house game since The Bouncer. Its a turn based combat RPG, but combat involves "unions" which are formation of up to 5 characters. Each Union shares hit points and you give a single command to each union. So you have to group together your unions correctly, all spell casters together, all combat heavy characters together, etc.

Sort of a combination of Final Fantasy/Romancing Saga/FF Tactics. Its Square, so it can't be that bad

After a delay or two and nothing but silence from Rockstar, we finally have specific information regarding the release of the Xbox 360 exclusive (and highly anticipated) Grand Theft Auto IV episodic DLC.

According to USA Today, the GTAIV "Lost and Damned" episodic DLC will release on February 17th, 2009 and feature main character Johnny Klebitz who's a member of the Liberty City biker gang "The Lost". Rockstar VP Dan Houser describes Johnny as "a very different character than Niko, with a very different background" and promises that "the story will show you a different side of Liberty City." No other story information was revealed and pricing is still up in the air. Just be happy we have a release date.

I liked that this was met on places like Joystiq and X3F with what I sum up as 'And the crowd goes mild.' It's like a dick waving contest over who has the most apathy towards it.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS."

"WHO EVEN HAS THIS GAME ANYMORE? DOES ANYONE CARE?"

"I CARE THE LEAST :@"

"I WAS THE FIRST ONE NOT TO CARE :@"

Though it's interesting how it turned out to be the biker guy after all, I do remember that being a rumour a few months ago.

My friend's XBox 360 put some of those circular scratches on his SVR2009 disc and now it's totally unplayable. Does anyone know of anything he can do?

Join an ultimate frisbee squad?

Why do people still insist on standing consoles vertically? IT DOESN'T DO ANY FUCKING GOOD AND NO I WON'T REFUND THE GAME THAT YOU BROKE WHEN YOUR CAT KNOCKED THE FUCKING CONSOLE OVER. ESPECIALLY AT 25 PAST FUCKING 5, COCK.

But yeah, if it's got those perfect circle scratches, it's pretty much doomed. We usually offer to run it through the buffer, but at best, it fades them, doesn't clear them up.

Why, when I am cash-strapped till Monday, did we only get 4 copies of Rock Band 2 in? FOUR. If that sells out, I'm going to be pissed.

meh, I sold GTA. I don't care. ¬_¬

I'll probably buy it back for this in all honesty.

Edit: KevinStorm, he COULD try borrowing another copy, installing it to the HDD then using his copy to boot it, no idea if it works but worth a shot.

Edited by Version Dan

My friend's XBox 360 put some of those circular scratches on his SVR2009 disc and now it's totally unplayable. Does anyone know of anything he can do?

Join an ultimate frisbee squad?

Why do people still insist on standing consoles vertically? IT DOESN'T DO ANY FUCKING GOOD AND NO I WON'T REFUND THE GAME THAT YOU BROKE WHEN YOUR CAT KNOCKED THE FUCKING CONSOLE OVER. ESPECIALLY AT 25 PAST FUCKING 5, COCK.

But yeah, if it's got those perfect circle scratches, it's pretty much doomed. We usually offer to run it through the buffer, but at best, it fades them, doesn't clear them up.

Why, when I am cash-strapped till Monday, did we only get 4 copies of Rock Band 2 in? FOUR. If that sells out, I'm going to be pissed.

That's funny considering I've ALWAYS stood my 360 and PS3 vertically. I tried placing my 360 horizontally once and I got the RRoD. I stood it back vertically and it worked fine again.