The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Games with Gold for April!

1-16 - Hitman Absolution

16-30 - Deadlight

Again, nothing to set the world alight and it's hardly saving you too much money since Hitman is worth all of £4 but both of these are pretty favourably reviewed. Now let's resuscitate that 'Contracts' thread and get it going again!

Games are slightly better than previous offerings though, at least release date wise, since both are less than 2 years old. Like you said it isn't anything amazing on the savings front (I actually have Hitman on the PS3 but never really played it), but hopefully it is a sign of things to come on the whole "we plan on getting more in like with Playstation Plus" front.

I've wanted to try out a Hitman game for a while now but never wanted to actually pay for one. I played the first mission yesterday and it seemed pretty fun, and I like that there's a bit of replay value with those challenges for each mission.

Edited by Vitamin E

Is there something I'm missing with CoD online? Every game I try it, and after a few games I just feel bored. There must be something to it, but it really feels like I'd only enjoy it if i was playing with people on my friends list, where as Halo I can just jump into random games and have a blast.

Is there something I'm missing with CoD online? Every game I try it, and after a few games I just feel bored. There must be something to it, but it really feels like I'd only enjoy it if i was playing with people on my friends list, where as Halo I can just jump into random games and have a blast.

It feels like the uber-competitive people migrate to whatever's newest. I will say that local multiplayer Black Ops 2 is everything I've ever wanted in a modern FPS.

• 2 weeks later...

So if anyone likes to make themselves rage over a game you should check out Trials Fusion. Newest game in the Trials line and it's pretty damn good. Basically a 2D, side scrolling motorcycle game in a 3D world (though people have created FPS skill games in the editor, so it's pretty fucking awesome) with physics. They introduced stunts in this one so that is pretty fun as well.

I had the last Trials game, but I think I only got about half way through before I go bored. Saying that, Fusion does look really good, but I may leave it a bit before I get it.

I think a lot of the replay value comes from the user made tracks. This one is only $20 (plus another $20 for the season pass, which will include six DLCs between now and May 2015). There doesn't seem to be too much good stuff in the track central for user made stuff, mostly because people are uploading tests and stuff like that, but there's a few really good ones.

Plus if you can figure out the editor it's worth it for that alone I would say.

• 2 weeks later...

Games with Gold for May:

1st-15th: Dust

16th-30th: Saints Row The Third

http://majornelson.com/2014/04/30/xbox-live-gold-members-get-dust-an-elysian-tail-and-saints-row-the-third-free-in-may/

Dust seems pretty highly rated and I think getting Arcade games is always nice, Deadlight was pretty cool this month, even if it is a tad short. SR3 wasn't my favourite in the series but at least this gives me a chance to do the DLC and if you've never played one before, getting one for free is a good way to jump onboard.

• 2 weeks later...

So this is basically for anybody with a Bone - given that most of the games that I would get on the One are also available for the 360, is the upgrade worth the cost in any way, shape, or form? Just curious if I should plan ahead to buy the supposed Arkham Knight SE that may be released come October.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like I'm not living up to my gimmick if I don't do my obligatory Dark Souls shilling so consider this post to be that:

OMG IT'S FREE FOR GOLD MEMBERS YOU GUYZ, GO DOWNLOAD IT NOW AND MAYBE WE CAN TRY AND ALIGN THE 8 MOONS OF THE GRIMLAPSE SYSTEMS AND ACTUALLY GET A CO-OP GAME GOING. Am also game for some Street Fighter.

360 games:

1-15: Dark Souls

16-30: Charlie Murder/Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

As far as I can tell, the free One games wont come into effect until this next dash update drops.

What has the dash update done on the 360? i tried looking around but could only find stuff to do with the Xbone. Or is it just removing the Gold wall for Youtube, Netflix etc?

• 2 weeks later...

Maxx! Ruki! Whoever else! Battleblock Theater is going to be free for gold! We can finally play!

:shifty:

That and Gotham City Impostors on 360. Kinda sucks that there's no retail game and I'm not really fussed about Gotham but still, Battleblock will be nice to have.

One gets the souped up version of Guacamelee, replacing the Halo Spartan Assault game. Pretty cool.

• Like 1

Maxx! Ruki! Whoever else! Battleblock Theater is going to be free for gold! We can finally play!

:shifty:

That and Gotham City Impostors on 360. Kinda sucks that there's no retail game and I'm not really fussed about Gotham but still, Battleblock will be nice to have.

One gets the souped up version of Guacamelee, replacing the Halo Spartan Assault game. Pretty cool.

I no longer have gold!