The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Yeah, you need an active Gold membership to play any One games obtained via the GWG program but 360 games are fine even if your subscription lapses. Fairly certain that would still be the case with backwards compatible games? Not entirely certain.

Any games not installed currently but you have a licence to are found to the far right of the games and app section under ready to install.

So Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil edition is on sale for $24.  Never played it on last gen, thinking about picking it up, who has it and would be up for joining me in some sessions?

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

So Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil edition is on sale for $24.  Never played it on last gen, thinking about picking it up, who has it and would be up for joining me in some sessions?

I got about halfway through before trading it in. I'd be up for picking it up, but I'm not sure how much game time we'd get in with your silly time zones. 

Some is better than none!  That Adventure mode sounds like we'd be able to pop in and play regardless of where we are at in the story

• 4 weeks later...

So, after Left 4 Dead 2 was playable on the One for about a day the other week (waiting for that to come back on sale now for when it comes out officially), people have been able to get Red Dead Redemption playing today.

https://i.imgur.com/7drHiqrh.jpg

Soon we will all ride our horses again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Supposed lineup for March's GWG:

Xbox One
1st March - 31st March - Crimes and Punishments: Sherlock Holmes
16th March - 15th April - Lords of the Fallen

Xbox360
1st March - 15th March - Supreme Commander 2
16th March - 31st March - Borderlands.

Played one of the previous Sherlock Holmes games on 360. Very PS2-ish graphics wise but pretty fun point and click sorta game. Lords of the Fallen I've been interested in trying as it's a Dark Souls clone, albeit not as good. Wanted to get it the one time it dropped to like £7.50 but then MS pulled it after a few hours and acted like it was never on sale.

Supreme Commander...eh, I'll just stick to Red Alert on the PC if I want some RTS or wait till Halo Wars is backwards compatible. Already own and played Borderlaaaaads to death.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Summers said:

Surely Future Stepson could have brought Supreme Commander 3 with him?

I began to correct you and realised it was a joke but I'm now too far in to the post to back out now. <_< 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So they officially added L4D2 to backwards compatibility today. Anyone have it digitially/on disc or planning to get it? I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale digitally but it is £5 at CEX atm so might pick it up that way, provided they don't jack up the price again.

On 2/6/2016 at 05:31, Ellisnezer Scrooge said:

So, after Left 4 Dead 2 was playable on the One for about a day the other week (waiting for that to come back on sale now for when it comes out officially), people have been able to get Red Dead Redemption playing today.

https://i.imgur.com/7drHiqrh.jpg

Soon we will all ride our horses again!

God bless you. 

On 2/18/2016 at 13:26, Ellisnezer Scrooge said:

Supposed lineup for March's GWG:

Xbox One
1st March - 31st March - Crimes and Punishments: Sherlock Holmes
16th March - 15th April - Lords of the Fallen

Xbox360
1st March - 15th March - Supreme Commander 2
16th March - 31st March - Borderlands.

Played one of the previous Sherlock Holmes games on 360. Very PS2-ish graphics wise but pretty fun point and click sorta game. Lords of the Fallen I've been interested in trying as it's a Dark Souls clone, albeit not as good. Wanted to get it the one time it dropped to like £7.50 but then MS pulled it after a few hours and acted like it was never on sale.

Supreme Commander...eh, I'll just stick to Red Alert on the PC if I want some RTS or wait till Halo Wars is backwards compatible. Already own and played Borderlaaaaads to death.

God bless you. 

5 minutes ago, Ellisnezer Scrooge said:

So they officially added L4D2 to backwards compatibility today. Anyone have it digitially/on disc or planning to get it? I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale digitally but it is £5 at CEX atm so might pick it up that way, provided they don't jack up the price again.

God bless you. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone play Quantum Break yet? I think it's a really cool concept but I'm not sure how it's going to work out. I played the first mission or chapter or whatever. Took about an hour and when I did certain stuff it told me it was going to effect the live action show part and it did and I mean that was cool but I played for an hour and then after sitting through the show which was like half an hour I didn't feel like playing anymore. Not sure how to tweak it at all just saying I wasn't in to playing anymore so I just turned it off. Am I just supposed to do one mission a day then? Because I can't imagine 1 hour of TV for every 1 hour of gameplay keeping my interest