The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Been playing Blair Witch. The game is tense, but I have noticed that when I am in danger, there isn't much information on what I'm supposed to be doing. From what I can tell, it's basically just: run away if you're in danger, and don't stop until the music changes back to the normal stuff.

I've been told there is combat in the game, but at this point (I think I'm on chapter 8), I haven't seen it.

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Been playing Blair Witch. The game is tense, but I have noticed that when I am in danger, there isn't much information on what I'm supposed to be doing. From what I can tell, it's basically just: run away if you're in danger, and don't stop until the music changes back to the normal stuff.

I've been told there is combat in the game, but at this point (I think I'm on chapter 8), I haven't seen it.

Normally, your dog points its head in the direction of the enemies, and you point your torch at them. There are some different encounters later on, but they explain themselves well enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

So I went to preorder Outer Worlds tonight and...

IT'S FREE ON GAME PASS YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

Heck yeah it is! 

I think between Gold + a gamepass for about 14 months is cost me $70... in that time I've played both Wolfenstein games, gonna play the heck out of Outer Worlds, currently playing through Vampyr, and a bunch of other games (Pony Island, SUPERHOT, My Time At Portia, DeadCells)... it's already well worth the investment. PLus it has things like Dishonored 2, the Tomb Raider games, Prey, and more. It's just 100% worth it. 

I really hope that Outer Worlds is play anywhere. Because being able to go from console to my computer is just rad.

• Like 2

At the moment, I really think that Game Pass is the factor that makes the next Xbox a sounder move for early adopters than the next Playstation. It's the reason I'm mainly playing on Xbox now.

If Sony were to come up with something to rival it, perhaps by making Playstation Now better, that would be amazing. Having first-party Playstation exclusives on day one as part of an affordable subscription would be a dream scenario.

The Outer Worlds is getting a lot of positive reviews on the whole. I haven't read any reviews that say anything especially negative, although the Eurogamer write-up suggests that the jokes don't always land and the game doesn't do anything particularly outstanding. Some people are saying that the combat is OK at best, but I've come across a couple of reviews that praise it.

Based on that, I'd be holding off on a pre-order, but it's on Game Pass, so sod it. It's available for pre-load now.

It’s an Obsidian game, it’s gonna be a fun time.  If they built it on the skeleton of New Vegas, that’s good enough for me.  Much like Bethesda’s offerings, I’m not going to be playing it for the combat, should be lots of fun to explore 

It's not one I've looked into deeply but the assumption I was working from was that it was modern Fallout in all but name, is that about right? One of the teasers I saw was a bit light hearted but I wasn't sure if that was reflected in the game, like if it would have a Borderlands feel.

Like Maxx, I figure I could get lost in it exploring and pissing about. Don't think I ever got too far in Fallout 4's story but had a lot of hours just doing sidequests and the like.

I was under the impression it was supposed to be more like Borderlands but I haven't really at all been following this game. It looks decent and I'll probably play it through the game pass since its free but definitely waiting for some reviews first.