The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

An impressive win again, EWBats, I'll give you credit where credit is due.

You did well on this riddle, sure... but the next won't be easy for you!

Here's your thread back, once again... I'm growing tired of all this stealing.

The things I've planned for when our fun begins sound much, much more appealing!

Still, there's another one in store for you regardless of if you're ready.

To keep you on your toes, EWBats, I shall keep my riddles steady!

Soon you will see what I've planned all along, and this man you've complained of will suddenly belong!

Lol @ at the Sony Rangers coming in for cheap shots. Yes, 360's are at times faulty - but we play better games, have a better online system, have the best DLC and, oh yeah, we're not insecure babies.
QFE

Also I found a temp fix for the unplayable disk error on youtube without opening the console and to my shock, It worked, The internet is not total bullshit.

Still sending it in to MS though, Just because the person I called at tech support ran me around in circles, What part of "I've cleared my cache 5 times and tried to play it without my hardrive, Just get me a repair" don't they understand?

Fucking Indian call centers.

Racist. :/

And oddly, I'm ok with that.

Glad I rented The Last Remnant before buying it....it's a decent game....not amazing though.

Glad you say that because I planned on buying it sometime soon. Haven't looked into it much but the trailer looked really good and I was quite high on buying a final fantasy style game, so is it really worth it? Story any good? If not, does anybody have any reccomendations for a final fantasy like game that's actually worth buying? I was looking at FF XI (I think it was XI), worth picking up or not? And does anybody know if there's still many people playing it online?

Oh and is there no way to set a timer for your X-Box to turn off? I know there's one for six hours, but cant you set it to turn off in less time? I wanted to watch a movie at night but don't want to fall asleep and leave it on for six hours.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

The battles can be a bit laggy at times, the story is generic ("They kidnapped my sister! I have strange powers I didn't know I have! Fuck you guys! I don't need your help! Oh wait, yes I do."), and I wish they had save points on top of the "Save anywhere" thing. Why? Because I keep forgetting to fucking save! I was two hours into the story before I even saved. THen I went for another hour, forgot to save, and died. <_<

Lol @ at the Sony Rangers coming in for cheap shots. Yes, 360's are at times faulty - but we play better games, have a better online system, have the best DLC and, oh yeah, we're not insecure babies.
QFE

Also I found a temp fix for the unplayable disk error on youtube without opening the console and to my shock, It worked, The internet is not total bullshit.

Still sending it in to MS though, Just because the person I called at tech support ran me around in circles, What part of "I've cleared my cache 5 times and tried to play it without my hardrive, Just get me a repair" don't they understand?

Fucking Indian call centers.

Racist. :/

And oddly, I'm ok with that.

So you admit to being racist, eh? That was a racist comment you made? I'm sure that warrants a warning.

Anyone know where the 'View active downloads' option is now Microsoft have buggered around with everything?

You can get to it via the guide button, scroll to the left and it's under the marketplace blade. Not sure if it's still on the dashboard anywhere.

Anyone know where the 'View active downloads' option is now Microsoft have buggered around with everything?

You can get to it via the guide button, scroll to the left and it's under the marketplace blade. Not sure if it's still on the dashboard anywhere.

Ah, thanks.