The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I'm pretty thrilled to hear a new version of The Warriors is coming to XBLA this Summer:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6204275.html

Sounds like an expanded version of the mini game you got after beating the PS2 game. Should be amusing.

Edited by Zero

I've got a problem. I really don't know if it's my console or what. Smackdown has been running a little weird lately, crashing once or twice. Then today it crashes, so I think fuck it and put in Pro Evo. Tells me I can 'Play DVD'. It loads a white screen telling me to insert it into a XBox 360 or some shit. Anybody had this problem or heard anything like it?

That's what I thought straight away, it's not that though. The game is in fine condition, had a small dust mark or two but taking that away hasn't changed anything. The drive seems to make weird noises when trying to read it too, I cant really explain it. I've checked online, so many different stories from people, some claiming the laser could be dying (Inside THREE FUCKING MONTHS? 200 quid and a laser dies in three months?). I really don't want to have to get it repaired and wait about two months for the shit. I'm annoyed, simply because it's annoying to pay out 200 quid and for something to seemingly start dying after three months, despite it being looked after well as well. Hopefully it's not anything serious, but I really cant see what else it could be. Possibly clogged up inside with dust? Do you lose your warranty or anything if you undo the console the clean it? I really don't want to or plan to, because I've had enough problems with doing stuff like that in the past with PS2's and regretted it.

Also, after cleaning it and inserting it about four times, it then reads it as a disc...and just goes to a black screen and refuses to load anything up. That cant be a good sign :shifty:

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

I think Death Toll is the one i've already done on Expert so whatever the other one is. :shifty:

Blood Harvest, that's the one.

Edited by Rear Admiral Ellis

That's what I thought straight away, it's not that though. The game is in fine condition, had a small dust mark or two but taking that away hasn't changed anything. The drive seems to make weird noises when trying to read it too, I cant really explain it. I've checked online, so many different stories from people, some claiming the laser could be dying (Inside THREE FUCKING MONTHS? 200 quid and a laser dies in three months?). I really don't want to have to get it repaired and wait about two months for the shit. I'm annoyed, simply because it's annoying to pay out 200 quid and for something to seemingly start dying after three months, despite it being looked after well as well. Hopefully it's not anything serious, but I really cant see what else it could be. Possibly clogged up inside with dust? Do you lose your warranty or anything if you undo the console the clean it? I really don't want to or plan to, because I've had enough problems with doing stuff like that in the past with PS2's and regretted it.

Also, after cleaning it and inserting it about four times, it then reads it as a disc...and just goes to a black screen and refuses to load anything up. That cant be a good sign :shifty:

Yup, sounds like you are headed straight for the red-ring department. You apparently got the unlucky box, since I (at least) had to "wait" a year for my Xbox to red-ring. <_<

Yes, don't do it. If it's only a couple of months old and you have your receipt, return it to where you bought it from. Microsoft have the annoying habit of telling people to do that anyway. And then of course, we send them back to Microsoft half the time >_>

Yes, don't do it. If it's only a couple of months old and you have your receipt, return it to where you bought it from. Microsoft have the annoying habit of telling people to do that anyway. And then of course, we send them back to Microsoft half the time >_>

Damn, I hope I don't have any problems with mine... I bought it from Woolworths :shifty:

Damn, I hope I don't have any problems with mine... I bought it from Woolworths :shifty:

It would be perfect if there was a sniper in the safe room to give the runner a little bit more time to run. I got pounced my first time doing it caus I only made it back to the alley by the chain fence where the horde comes over, hunter was with them.

Ad and Dragsy tried to start one with me but I was playing monopoly. I finished that now but they aren't on MSN anymore and only Ad is on the 360 and he is on NHL.

Now they're both NHL'ing.

Edited by Rear Admiral Ellis