The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Heads up for PS5 users: If you're wanting the PS5 version of Control, pay attention to which version you're downloading because in the store, the PS4 version of the Ultimate Edition is the default option. Also, if you've played or been playing it on PS4 - your saves don't transfer over to PS5. That sucks, but I wasn't super far into the game since I had started it around the time when they announced a "next-gen upgrade" was coming so I kind of put it down.

I'm also wondering if there is a way to claim PS Plus games from other regions, because Japan gets Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night instead of Control: Ultimate Edition, and I loved playing that on the Switch when I had one. I doubt there's a way, but yeah.

Destruction All-Stars is really fun. The different modes help make the gameplay not seem as repetitive as it actually is. Kind of annoying that some of the story/challenges are behind a paywall, but it's a free game so I'm not surprised. Now if that was the plan when the game was originally a PS5 launch title... big oof there.

I booted up Concrete Genie for a second before I realized it's almost 10am and I need to go to bed, but Control in 60fps is *chef's kiss*.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

Destruction Allstars needs music during the matches. It feels weird.

I just turn off commentary and have Spotify running in the background. But yeah, it’s a little weird they don’t have a soundtrack for the game or something.

Pretty addictive little game, though. Fuck that Freefall mode, ugh.