2010 Winter Olympics

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Guest Mr. Potato Head

It sounds like a thrilling game, but ultimately it's a meaningless round robin. Really I'm kind of hoping Canada loses and loses by a lot, that way we get an extra game (against a weak team) for our players to try and develop some sort of teamwork.

Despite being a meaningless, Round Robin game, this game is exactly what we needed. Proof that we can hang with the World\'s best. Our boys are young and they\'ll have some confidence heading into the next round. Plus, nobody gave USA a chance in this game. Especially Sultan of Swank, who I\'m assuming hasn\'t typed anything because he\'s busy removing his foot from his mouth. :P

Horrible loss. Brodeur was ridiculous. Luongo will be in net on Tuesday and Wednesday. Ryan Miller was insane. We'll crush the Germans on Tuesday, bring on the Russians on Wednesday. Unbelievable that one of Canada/Russia won't medal here. This is why Playoff/Olympic hockey is great. The hot goaltender makes a HUGE difference.

• Like 1

There's a difference between getting a ton of shots and a ton of quality opportunities. Ryan Miller was solid; I disagree that he was sensational. If Canada had played the whole game the way they played the last 5 minutes then I agree that the Canadians win easily. But for a majority of the game the Americans were better. Better at closing down shot opportunities, better at shutting the passing lanes, better at angling Canadian forwards out, better at capitalizing on their opportunities. The US deserved 3 points, they got it. Now we have to wake up from this. Maybe the extra game will do us good.

I like how the same people who have been bashing NBC for tape delayed coverage of the Olympics are today whining that USA/Canada was on MSNBC and not NBC without failing to realize that if the hockey game was on NBC it would have been tape delayed on the west coast!

Guest JukeboxHero

I think Canada should implement a new olympic strategy. Gold or don't come home.

At least tonight we get to watch Canada beat down on America and their rag tag team of players. Seriously, they got nothing on D.

Eh?

God bless America.

• Like 1