World Cup 2010 Thread

Robert Green... fucking hell. We were doing well until then as well, looking dangerous in the final third and defending decently, restricting them to long shots and half-chance headers. We looked dangerous in the final third when we got the ball down. I may not be a fan of how we forgo keeping possession in favour of direct long balls, but it was working and Heskey was doing well. Gerrard's been brilliant. Optimism: intact. Faith in Green: none.

The annoying thing is, me and Bluey were just saying how this is the best we've seen England play for fucking ages. And then Rob Green Robinson's it and it's all square. >.<

We really haven't even been that good to be quite honest. Rooney has dropped in nicely at times, but he's still got to up his game more.

And here's proof that Green is by far the worst keeper out of the three. Fucking disgraceful to be quite frank and whether it's harsh or not, I pray Capello drops him all together from here on.

Before the game, my friend was considering a 20-1 bet that all three England goalkeepers would start matches in the tournament.

I think the odds have just shortened dramatically. :shifty:

The first half went about as stereotypically for both teams as it could. The US start insanely flat and get scored on in the first 15 minutes of the game and England chokes their lead away.

Time for the 2nd half.

King's dodgy knees are playing up again. :(

Between King's knees and Green's hands, we're not doing well..,

Every time Lennon gets the ball, I feel hopeful. He's just that kinda guy. (Mind you, the same could be said for Tim Howard).

Glen Johnson tackling someone in the opposition left back area of the field > *. Although I'm not sure how much "tackling" was going on... More like diving on top of. But I'll take it.

Also have to love Rooney gobbing off at the linesman even though he completely fluffed the volley. God knows what he'd have done if it'd gone in...

Edited by Farmer Reil
  • Like 1

Fuck drawing. We've had chances, and its obvious we can score on you (c'mon...), but for every good thing we've done, we do something fucking stupid. I don't know what game you've been watching, but it hasn't been English domination. Wether that's because of the style of attack England has chosen or what, doesn't matter, that major fuck-up by your keeper makes it a game.

• Like 1