World Cup 2010 Thread

People want to blame Rob Green, but I know that Dempsey had secretly been working on that shot whilst playing for Fulham. Just the right amount of spin to cannon off the gloves and spin back into the goal. Goal of the tournament contender already.

• Like 1

I'm just amazed you all haven't asked why it didn't go into overtime...

My mother asked me that on Friday when I said both matches ended in ties. She's not even American, she moved here from Norway.

Bloody oil spill

green2.gif

The best bit about this is the "Stay Alert. Stay Alive" sign in the background.

...that's my favourite.

Mine is how he tries to claw the ball back before it goes over the line, sees that it does and just futilely pounds his fist into the ground.

• Admin

Did anyone see John Travolta singing a Grease song at the Australian camp :shifty: Apparently he went to visit the Aussies in 2005 too when they beat Uruguay to qualify. Wonder why Travolta of all people is a big Aussie footy fan.

He's one of the faces of Qantas; Qantas sponsor the Socceroos. Go figure.

South African officials consider banning the vuvezela.

I love how the commentators are sat slagging off Algeria and Slovenia, it's as if they've forgotten what just happened last night and have decided we're still going to comfortable win every match from here on out.

Come to think of it they're probably just slagging off the match because they've ran out of knowledge on Algeria or Slovenia so have just resorted to whinging about the whole thing.

I suppose they should though, from speaking to people it's not Rob Green's fault for conceding that goal or England's fault for not scoring more. It's apparently the medias fault. Good to know.

Edited by IAceI

To be fair, I'm fairly sure the Conference Playoff final featured a higher standard of football than this. Every pass goes about ten feet too long. Most crosses go for throw-ins.

Radosavljevic. There's a name you don't want to have to pay to have on your shirt.

Edited by Farmer Reil
  • Like 1

This is really bad. If England and USA don't go through the group, something is seriously wrong.

Edit: Slovenia are garbage, they're battling Greece for worst team so far.

Edited by Version Dan

Honestly I don't even notice them anymore. The sounds stay at a constant level so after a few minutes you just filter it out. Only time they really get louder are corners and free-kicks which is ok in games like this because it helps wake you up!

• Like 1

Oooh, excitement! A second yellow card for trying a Maradonna. That's gotta rival Beckham's petulant little kick as the most retarded way to get yourself sent off at a World Cup ever.

Hah, the PA announcer announcing the attendance gets the biggest reaction from the crowd for the whole game. So loud it probably woke half the fans up, who suddenly realised where they were.

Ahahahaha, beautiful bit of defending by Slovenia. Suler, most attentive defender ever.

Edited by Farmer Reil