World Cup 2010 Thread

Got to say after this, I'm actually fancying Mexico to do pretty well. If they can actually beat Uruguay, they're in with a fantastic chance. If they were to, they'd more than likely be meeting Korea or Greece, which is certainly a good tie for them. If they finish second, they'd more than likely meet Argentina, which would actually make for a good match I think.

Either way, very impressed with Mexico.

This plays beautifully in to England's hands if we win the group, as we play the winners of Group A vs. runners up of Group B in the Quarters - which right now is looking to be something along the lines of Uruguay, Mexico, or South Korea.

Got to say after this, I'm actually fancying Mexico to do pretty well. If they can actually beat Uruguay, they're in with a fantastic chance. If they were to, they'd more than likely be meeting Korea or Greece, which is certainly a good tie for them. If they finish second, they'd more than likely meet Argentina, which would actually make for a good match I think.

Either way, very impressed with Mexico.

Argentina/Mexico would make for an awesome rematch from last World Cup.

• Admin

This plays beautifully in to England's hands if we win the group, as we play the winners of Group A vs. runners up of Group B in the Quarters - which right now is looking to be something along the lines of Uruguay, Mexico, or South Korea.

Provided we actually get to the quarters!

Mexico looked great. I owe an apology to Perez, who made some great saves. Good job, Conejo!

Argentina was my pick to win this from the start, and they looked good on offense. I really hope Mexico doesn't have to play them in the Quarterfinals. No need for a repeat of last WC.

Nigeria's goalie has had some fantastic saves.

I'm pretty sure no one posted this, it's old now, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Comedy Central (U.S vs England)

I think the fact that it just told me a video of Green's howler isn't available in my country is actually quite hilarious. We deny all knowledge of that shit ever happening.

The 'easiest' way for France to still go through, I believe, is for Uruguay to beat Mexico 2-0 and France to beat South Africa 3-0.

And to be honest, I don't see the latter happening. ;)

Looking likely if we win the group we'll have fairly easy games til the semis while Brazil vs Spain is very much a possibility in the next round. Cmon England, no more stupid mistakes. We've got a great chance to go to at least the semis for the first time in 20 years!

Well, that same bet with Betfred would return £20 from a fiver. Germany are 8/13, USA EVS and England 1/4. I think Germany and England will win, but I'd lean more towards a draw in the Slovenia-USA game, as much as I'm hoping for a US victory.

Would be awesome if Slovenia somehow fluked a win over the USA. Then if England beat Algeria they could go into the final game with the straight-forward task of Beat Slovenia If You Want To Win The Group (and Slovenia would have already qualified as well).