World Cup 2010 Thread

We wont riot (Hopefully), we don't (tend to) do that anymore.

We will just drink ourselves in to a stupor.

German Media actualy reported that there was no public viewing in england (and if with very strict rulls) becaus everyone was afraid you would.

Well German media is wrong, all the pubs in town here are showing it.

German media are full of shite then <_<

And if we do it in our own country it doesn't matter though, as long as we don't look like complete utter beery louts infront of the rest of the world :shifty:

It's different though, while Rooney was fairly sent off, he wouldn't have been if it wasnt for the reaction of the Portugese.

Yes he would've because he stamped on Ricardo Carvalho and the ref saw it, of course the players are going to react and righly so too. That whole 'winking' debacle was the epitome of trying to find someone to blame.

This time though I do have sympathy for England even though they deserve to lose.

• Like 1

We wont riot (Hopefully), we don't (tend to) do that anymore.

We will just drink ourselves in to a stupor.

German Media actualy reported that there was no public viewing in england (and if with very strict rulls) becaus everyone was afraid you would.

Well German media is wrong, all the pubs in town here are showing it.

No, real big public viewing, like tens of thousands in front of a gigant LED.

080616Public-Viewing_OG1%20%28Large%29.jpg

Oooooh like that sorry, the only thing I think is some arena in London.

EDIT: HMV Hammersmith Apollo, but I don't know if they showed today's game.

Brilliant game from Germany, but England's defense was disgusting, like they just didn't care.

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G

We have large arena things where tens of thousands can watch still, there is a place near Manchester which holds about 20,000 people. That I know of.

Plus we much prefer to watch it in the pub if we leave ths house.

Aperently germany always was amonge the finlay 8 of the tournament since 54.

English commentators said the last time Germany failed to reach the final 8 was 1938.

The only hope is that such a dismal display (not just today) will finally cause people to put mass pressure on the FA to finally accept our entire system, right down to 8-year-olds playing in local teams, isn't good enough.

Won't hold my breath, though.

• Like 1

Rooney is fucking shit. Not even in the top 50 players in the World.

That's a bit ha... no, wait... that's pretty much accurate. The annoying thing is, you know he'll get back to Old Trafford and bang in 30 next season. Because he's not playing with Englishmen, he's playing with world class players.

• Like 1

Great game. Poor playing for England, but I'm glad they went out, they didn't show once that they deserved to be at the world cup. Putting Heskey on instead of Crouch is baffling, but thats the way it is. The Lampard goal is all you'll hear for days but fact is, it still wasn't good enough. Germany embarassed the English team today.

I am just amazed that a team of players can just perform like this. Italy still give it some fight. The French COULD have given some fight had they not decided they don't like anybody. But that? That was just absolutely inept. I am shocked they could be THAT bad. Just absolutely shit. It was a disrespect to Germany for us to provide such abysmal opposition. We were just god damn awful.

Edited by XEON BSIG