World Cup 2010 Thread

At least the result will keep a singing Terry Venables off of our TV's for another four years. Stupid advert!

And now we can get back to supporting the only UK resident who actually had a chance of winning anything this year. Shame he's Scottish, or he would have had a knighthood already!! :pervert:

Might not want to click that link Englishmen ;)

Anyone over the age of 28, get rid. Fuck it, if we're gonna be that poor we may as well just start again.

So Lampard, who actually played rather well, should be gotten rid of, but Rooney, who was practically a joke, should be kept on.

I do not understand this.

Fair enough Lampard won't make it to the next World Cup, as he will be 36... Your logic just doesn't make much sense in a short term scheme of things.

You answered your own question. Lampard will be 36, keep him around for Euro 2012 but certainly no longer than that as we'll need his successor to have international experience by 2014.

That Ozil guy was the number 8 right? He looks really unwell and sickly. Is he ok?

Must be, he can run twice as fast as Gareth Barry. :shifty:

That was, by far, the worst, most hapless defensive performance I have ever witnessed by a professional football team and I'm a Newcastle fan remember, I've (barely) lived through Titus Bramble and Jean Alain Boumsong.

Just out of interest, did Paul Terry kidnap his brother and take his place in the team?

Wow, I wasn't expecting that level of bending over. Those 'kids' looked pretty damned good with Uncle Miroslav up top. Jeebus. That might be the worst I've ever seen England play ... that was bad. I know I joked about it but wow. I understand the feelings behind getting fucked out of the goal but for some reason(s) don't have too much sympathy <_< ... but that does indeed suck ass.

Hopefully Mex/Arg has the same kind energy and action. Still thinking we'll see a wide open game. Mexico would be stupid not to go right at that defence and Argentina will certainly take pop shots through the holes if Mexico chooses to do so.

Anyone over the age of 28, get rid. Fuck it, if we're gonna be that poor we may as well just start again.

So Lampard, who actually played rather well, should be gotten rid of, but Rooney, who was practically a joke, should be kept on.

I do not understand this.

Fair enough Lampard won't make it to the next World Cup, as he will be 36... Your logic just doesn't make much sense in a short term scheme of things.

You answered your own question. Lampard will be 36, keep him around for Euro 2012 but certainly no longer than that as we'll need his successor to have international experience by 2014.

That Ozil guy was the number 8 right? He looks really unwell and sickly. Is he ok?

Must be, he can run twice as fast as Gareth Barry. :shifty:

That was, by far, the worst, most hapless defensive performance I have ever witnessed by a professional football team and I'm a Newcastle fan remember, I've (barely) lived through Titus Bramble and Jean Alain Boumsong.

Just out of interest, did Paul Terry kidnap his brother and take his place in the team?

How dare you, we had his bother playing for us and he was aweso... I can't lie, I think even I can run faster than him and I am out of puff running for a bus.

On topic: What a load of old bollocks, I don't even know where to begin.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you Scottish and Irish fans who didn't make it to South Africa... something about distance and drowning in your own bitterness and jealousy makes it a touch muffled. :P

• Like 3

There's a certain irony of England losing to a dodgy linesman error...

But wait; they didn't lose to a linesman error. They had 45 minutes left in which they could have tried to score another goal, instead they seemed to totally give up after half time.

Its not irony, its incongruity.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you Scottish and Irish fans who didn't make it to South Africa... something about distance and drowning in your own bitterness and jealousy makes it a touch muffled. :P

That's okay, the Dutchman is here to laugh at you. :lmao:

At least for the next day. :shifty:

Hey I have no problem eating shit of Germans, Spanish, the Dutch, even to a small extent the Yanks (except HTTK :shifty:), but to take shit off people who fail to qualify, even if the French have a big hand in it, they deserve to be told off :P