World Cup 2010 Thread

Ok, so NOW it's 1-0

What the fuck was that?

American defending <_<

The Americans wouldn't have at least tried to tackle the guy after the give away because they would have been 5 feet behind him already :shifty:

# 5 from Mexico is going to have to find some place else to live after that.

I'm glad that Germany in the end destroyed England. I mean, I wanted Germany to win in the first place (being Welsh and all :shifty:) but I'm glad after the whole thing with the non-goal, glad that Germany went on to win dominantly. If Germany had only won 2-1, we (we being those of us in UK who are not English but due to proximately will still get all the news) will NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT. Just like how they won the World Cup in 1966, apparently, or so I've heard. They have been crap this tournament anyway, only eclipsed in big-team-shitness by France.

Though what I do hate is the BBC mentality of the fact that when things don't go our way, we're going to belittle everything. I mean, during the Algeria/Slovenia match (I think) that was boring, they just ripped them to shreds. Lawro calling them boring? Kettle, pot, black. And now with the England/Germany match, following the non-goal, they started taking the mick out of the German coach saying "they're the world's oldest boyband". Fucking grow up, it's not THEIR fault the goal wasn't allowed.

That said, it's still better than ITV. Even the on-screen graphics for ITV disappoint me, and don't get me started on their website to watch it online.

[/rant]

• Like 1

You can't really rip on the English when Wales didn't even qualify for the World Cup, man. I'm saying this as someone who has Welsh heritage, too. :(

Anyway, yes, though England was absolutely fucking awful and their centre backs even worse, that game was absolute proof that FIFA most definitely needs to implement video replays. Eveeennn more, Argentina's first goal was an offside, they let the call stand, AND PLAYED THE REPLAY OF THE OFFSIDES IN THE STADIUM. So, rightfully so, the Mexicans lost their shit and the goal still counted. =/

Edit: See it's already been posted, soooo, yes, lolFIFA.

I'm glad that Germany in the end destroyed England. I mean, I wanted Germany to win in the first place (being Welsh and all :shifty:) but I'm glad after the whole thing with the non-goal, glad that Germany went on to win dominantly. If Germany had only won 2-1, we (we being those of us in UK who are not English but due to proximately will still get all the news) will NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT. Just like how they won the World Cup in 1966, apparently, or so I've heard. They have been crap this tournament anyway, only eclipsed in big-team-shitness by France.

Though what I do hate is the BBC mentality of the fact that when things don't go our way, we're going to belittle everything. I mean, during the Algeria/Slovenia match (I think) that was boring, they just ripped them to shreds. Lawro calling them boring? Kettle, pot, black. And now with the England/Germany match, following the non-goal, they started taking the mick out of the German coach saying "they're the world's oldest boyband". Fucking grow up, it's not THEIR fault the goal wasn't allowed.

That said, it's still better than ITV. Even the on-screen graphics for ITV disappoint me, and don't get me started on their website to watch it online.

[/rant]

C'mon.....Italy were worse than England >_>

2010 will go down as the year soccer and baseball finally recognized that we are in the 21st century and welcome the use of replays to get calls right.

I'm not even that optimistic. I wish. But well, FIFA so far doesn't seem to care. And Selig's incompetence is best discussed elsewhere.

For both, they might wake up by 2015.

I just love how when it happened to us (twice) people in this thread were saying that sure it sucked but that's the game and no reason to shout out for FIFA to make changes because it won't. We said it'd be different if it happened to England or some "big" team.

Well, now it happened to England and there's a hell of a lot more people chirping about how FIFA needs to make changes <_<

I always feel bad for England teams, actually specifically for this one based on the media treatment of the team post USA and Algeria. That must've gotten to the players a bit.

I just love how when it happened to us (twice) people in this thread were saying that sure it sucked but that's the game and no reason to shout out for FIFA to make changes because it won't. We said it'd be different if it happened to England or some "big" team.

Well, now it happened to England and there's a hell of a lot more people chirping about how FIFA needs to make changes <_<

Yes, because the debate about technology in football started this afternoon at 5pm :rolleyes:

• Like 4