World Cup 2010 Thread

They just did a replay of everyone in the stadium seeing the offside n the video wall... i´ed pay to listen to the Refs conversation...

Probably something along the lines of 'Well shit, there goes the two weeks I was going to spend in Tijuana fucking hookers after the tournament...'

I'm sorry, I can't hear you Scottish and Irish fans who didn't make it to South Africa... something about distance and drowning in your own bitterness and jealousy makes it a touch muffled. :P

I'd rather go out in the play-offs with some heart after being fucked over by FIFA and the ref then have our lot go to South Africa and make an embarresment of themselves and the contry in the process. (Y)

Edited by The Cool One

I just love how when it happened to us (twice) people in this thread were saying that sure it sucked but that's the game and no reason to shout out for FIFA to make changes because it won't. We said it'd be different if it happened to England or some "big" team.

Well, now it happened to England and there's a hell of a lot more people chirping about how FIFA needs to make changes <_<

What? People thought the Slovakia decision was apalling.

With the Dempsey one, the only debate came down to whether he was a little offside according to the rules.

Plus, there is a huge difference between them and the goal-line issue in the England game and the crystal clear offside for Argentina.

I just love how when it happened to us (twice) people in this thread were saying that sure it sucked but that's the game and no reason to shout out for FIFA to make changes because it won't. We said it'd be different if it happened to England or some "big" team.

Well, now it happened to England and there's a hell of a lot more people chirping about how FIFA needs to make changes <_<

Yes, because the debate about technology in football started this afternoon at 5pm :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: yeah, because that's what I said ... no.

They just did a replay of everyone in the stadium seeing the offside n the video wall... i´ed pay to listen to the Refs conversation...

This. When they were talking the looks on their faces said it all. They absolutely knew they cocked it up. The one ref was smart as hell to cover his mouth. That way nobody could see him admitting he screwed the pooch.

- Edit -

Holy shit that was a nice shot ... DAMN, fucking class

I'm sorry, I can't hear you Scottish and Irish fans who didn't make it to South Africa... something about distance and drowning in your own bitterness and jealousy makes it a touch muffled. :P

I'd rather go out in the play-offs with some heart after being fucked over by FIFA and the ref then have our lot go to South Africa and make an embarresment of themselves and the contry in the process. (Y)

I'm part Irish, and love to see Ireland do well.

However, they had 180 minutes to beat France, and then an extra 30. So you can give the 'fucked over by FIFA' line and whilst it was an atrocious decision, Ireland weren't good enough to qualify outright, and then didn't do enough to beat the one team they had to beat.

• Like 5

Say what you like to try to save face but you would have loved it for you team to have been there and embarrassed you rather than not being there at all <_<

However, they had 180 minutes to beat France, and then an extra 30. So you can give the 'fucked over by FIFA' line and whilst it was an atrocious decision, Ireland weren't good enough to qualify outright, and then didn't do enough to beat the one team they had to beat.

How about FIFA deciding a week before, to seed the play-offs, basically when they saw France weren't going to win their group, is that fair?

How about FIFA deciding a week before, to seed the play-offs, basically when they saw France weren't going to win their group, is that fair?

Your team still didn't beat France.

Also is it fair that the technology is there for video replays to help refs and for FIFA to not use it?

You're team sucked and couldn't beat France... end of. :P

Saying it like that, it sounds like you think France did do enough ...

Pfft last time we played England we were winning 1-0 before your scum fans had enough and started rioting, causing the match to be abandoned.

We'll be seeing Scotland int he Celtic Cup next year! :D

Saying it like that, it sounds like you think France did do enough ...

Well, technically they did >_>

But it is just clutching at straws a little bit. Yeah, the decisions made were poor, but over the course of 210 minutes they had any number of chances to put it right, and they hadn't. I don't think France deserved it over them, but what happened happened, and you can't act like failing to qualify with a side who were fully capable of doing it is somehow better than getting to the World Cup and under-performing.