World Cup 2010 Thread

Roben needs to be disqualified for being to awsome.

He needs to be disqualified for looking 40 years old. ¬_¬

And Pesci: Neuer, for James? Really? I agree with everything else you said, pretty much... but Neuer? David James? I'll take the one that doesn't look like a teenager on their first date, ta. Neuer looked like he was going to shit himself every time we got close to the goal. Which, admittedly, wasn't often. :shifty:

Edited by Farmer Reil

I think I'm in love with the front lines at this World Cup. Holland, Germany, Spain and Argentina all have strike forces I'm quite tempted to pop one off over. I really want Holland to do well and if all goes to plan seeing their midfield against Brazil's is something to look forward to. Plus they're one of the few teams I could actually see stopping Brazil - Van Bommel and De Jong vs Gilberto and Melo seems like a fairly even battle and Robben and Sneijder are just as effective as Robinho and Kaka. Van Persie's no slouch either.

EDIT: Pfft, Neuer's awesome. James has been good I'll admit but overall he's gotta be the better goalie, I haven't seen much of him outside the World Cup but he's gotta be rated so highly for a reason :shifty:

Edited by Pesci

Yeah, Uruguay are awesome but outside of Forlan and Suarez they don't seem to have much creativity. I don't think there's enough there to sustain a wank, unlike say Xavi-Iniesta-Villa or Messi-Higuain-Aguero/Tevez.

Neuer is terrific. Last year he won the U21 championships with Germany (and the commentator also pointed out "He's 24 and won it last year. Work out that maths if you will" showing a remarkable lack of knowledge at how the system actually works) and soon he will be playing in the Premiership I'd imagine. For some reason I couldn't picture him in La Liga.

There's a reason last season he was linked with Man Utd ocassionally, and I - for one - could see him as their 'keeper in a few years.

So germany vs agentina and netherlands vs brazil in the semi finals while spain steals the trophy since everyone forgot about them?

We're facing Brazil (Or chile) in the quarters.

After wallowing and recovering from a dreadful hangover I believe I am now over our defeat to the German's, the Polish, the Turkish, the Ghanaians, the Spanish and the Brazilians last night. >_<

Grumble.

Viva Paraguay!

I have money riding on the Dutch to go all the way, so yes, that was a sweet goal for me to enjoy.

Yeah, me too. Not so sure about the reality of it happening, but they were definite value in the early markets.

So germany vs agentina and netherlands vs brazil in the semi finals while spain steals the trophy since everyone forgot about them?

Pretty sure he meant the quarters, since he must surely know his own team have Argentina in the quarters. ¬_¬

Pretty sure he meant the quarters, since he must surely know his own team have Argentina in the quarters. ¬_¬

It just feels so much like two Semi Finales... i wonder if Spain (or portugal?) will be able to just sneak away with the Cup or if they suffer from not playing at a big name level. Like germany in Korea/Japan - the first big name was brazil in the finale and ooops that dident work out well.

I also am an Ideot.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

After wallowing and recovering from a dreadful hangover I believe I am now over our defeat to the German's, the Polish, the Turkish, the Ghanaians, the Spanish and the Brazilians last night. >_<

Grumble.

Viva Paraguay!

Who from Germany's team is Spanish? Özil and Boateng were born and raised in Germany so they're more German than anything else, plus Cacau didn't play. Podolski and Klose, yeah they're pretty Polish alright!

Yeah forgot about him and again he's more German than Spanish.

The only players who aren't proper German are Podolski, Klose and Cacau.

Maybe England should learn from them and convince Arteta to play for them