World Cup 2010 Thread

That Japanese number 3 Roberto Baggio'd the penalty.

At least he hit the crossbar.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Japanes are way to good at this, they will win.

the blood is on your hands sir ...

I blame GoGos lack of faith.

I never lost faith, dammit. I actually thought Japan should have had the edge in penalties but fate had other things in mind, I guess.

That Japanese number 3 Roberto Baggio'd the penalty.

At least he hit the crossbar.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love how the Japanes players went to their goaly but ignored Nr. 3.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Q: What do you get when you cross a Frank Lampard shot with a disallowed goal?

Ans: 50 million England fans unable to accept that they lost 4-1 not 4-2.

You know it's been a shit World Cup campaign when, two weeks into the tournament, you find yourself sat in front of the TV cheering on the English referee and linesmen

My mate asked me if I saw the England goal.

Unfortunately I missed it, I was too busy refereeing the match.

So a Frenchman, an Italian and an Englishman get on a plane...

Why didn't the chicken cross the road?

'Cos FIFA said it didn't.

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G

I never get this "It would have been 4-2 instead of 4-1" argument, if that goal goes in to make it 2-2 then the mentality of both teams would have been different and the end results could have been different. Not saying we wouldn't have lost, I just find that argument really dumb :/

• Like 3

I never get this "It would have been 4-2 instead of 4-1" argument, if that goal goes in to make it 2-2 then the mentality of both teams would have been different and the end results could have been different. Not saying we wouldn't have lost, I just find that argument really dumb :/

It's an stupid argument. If England scores that goal and ties the 2-2 after beign down 2-0 in less than 10 minutes, the confidence of the English goes sky high as the Germans probably would've played for counter attack and the end result wouldn't have been 4-2. We would never know, because that single play changed the whole game.

Same with the Mexico-Argentina game, I don't care if the other two goals were legit, if the first goal wasn't validated we would've have lost our head and we woudl've continued to attack Argentina and dominate them as we were doing prior to that play.

Q: What do you get when you cross a Frank Lampard shot with a disallowed goal?

Ans: 50 million England fans unable to accept that they lost 4-1 not 4-2.

You know it's been a shit World Cup campaign when, two weeks into the tournament, you find yourself sat in front of the TV cheering on the English referee and linesmen

My mate asked me if I saw the England goal.

Unfortunately I missed it, I was too busy refereeing the match.

So a Frenchman, an Italian and an Englishman get on a plane...

Why didn't the chicken cross the road?

'Cos FIFA said it didn't.

Yes, were is the Change Obama promised us?! WERE IS IT?!