World Cup 2010 Thread

I want a Germany - Holland final if only for the rage that will follow :D

You and me both brother, but I just can't see us (Holland) beating Brazil on Friday :crying:

Capdevila's Wikipedia page gave me a chuckle.

In June 2010 he also proved to be a top rate actor by successfully faking an ear injury in front of thousands of people and warranting the wonderful Republic of Portugal's National Team a red card - he is being tipped as a favourite for the next Oscar gala, featuring amidst such names as Jude Law, Cristiano Ronaldo and other such cheaters.

Classic. It did look like he faked it, which makes him a gigantic cock considering the match was practically over anyway.

Just spotted this on the news ticker on BBC Sport:

"Nigeria president bans team from international competition for two years after poor World Cup"

No article as of yet...but surely FIFA will just outright refuse this? Didn't they warn the French for threatening to get involved with the teams affairs?

I don't get why so many teams - and I think it's particularly African ones - have these high expectations of what their teams should be able to achieve. Given they're historically never that good at World Cup finals anyways, you'd think there would be some leniency.

We think we're harsh, at least we just ridicule our players - we don't stop them from actually playing ¬_¬

Nigeria's president has suspended his nation's football team from international competition for two years after a poor showing at the World Cup.

Special presidential adviser Ima Niboro told reporters the decision by Goodluck Jonathan will "enable Nigeria to reorganise its football".

The BBC understands the Nigerian Football Federation is to be dissolved and an interim board appointed.

Nigeria were knocked out in the group stages without winning a game.

Niboro said: "This directive became necessary following Nigeria's poor performance in the ongoing World Cup."

Under Fifa rules, government interference with national teams is strictly forbidden.

There's a bit more on it. That last line confirms my suspicion. And, before anyone else makes the joke...

Nigeria's team being banned from playing? Goodluck with that one, Jonathan.

:shifty:

Germany will beat Argentinia.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,703609,00.html

Paul deliberated over the match for more than an hour. He swam instantly to the German box, perhaps initially swayed by Germany’s 4-1 victory over England on Sunday. But then struck by indecision, Paul pulled back and laboriously mulled over the prospects of Argentina’s creativity and star power versus Germany’s devastating counterattack and speed.

Finally, Paul wrapped his eight legs around the German box, plucked out the mussel and threw his weight behind the Mannschaft.

I'm sure that there's nothing physically stopping them from hosting international matches... more just banning them from FIFA competitions such as World Cup, ACON qualification and whatever until 2020.

So they'd still be able to host friendlies all the time against other non-nations like Catolonia

Edited by The General

wrapped his eight legs around the German box, plucked out the mussel and threw his weight behind the Mannschaft.

I've done that to a couple of your frauleins in the past 2 years... :pervert:

I'm going to Holland for a week to visit my aunt later this month, and nothing would be better than to go there during World Cup celebrations. I can only imagine what it'd be like, 'cause I have some memories of how crazy Rotterdam went in '98 when Bergkamp sinked Argentina, there were people on the street and the water in the fountains was coloured orange. Good times, so Hup, Holland, Hup! :D