World Cup 2010 Thread

I have Uruguay in my work sweepstake. I'm happy. And that last penalty was just a giant kick in the nuts.

But Suarez should be banned from the semi and the final/3rd place match. And it opens up a can of worms about a "penalty goal" rule...

• Like 1

Uruguay haven't cheated their way through. Suarez instinctively did what he did, many of us would've done the same in the moment. He got what he deserved-a red card, and Ghana get a free shot at goal. They didn't take the chance, what can you say. I never minded either way who won, but it is so gutting for Ghana.

I do worry for Uruguay against Holland without Suarez and possibly Lugano. Holland are heading to the final I reckon.

• Like 4

Uruguay haven't cheated their way through. Suarez instinctively did what he did, many of us would've done the same in the moment. He got what he deserved-a red card, and Ghana get a free shot at goal. They didn't take the chance, what can you say. I never minded either way who won, but it is so gutting for Ghana.

I do worry for Uruguay against Holland without Suarez and possibly Lugano. Holland are heading to the final I reckon.

I suppose, Phil Neville against Liverpool a year or two ago. 'Cept Liverpool scored there pen mad.gif

I really feel for Gyan. He's done brilliantly for Ghana and to miss at such an important moment must have been heart-breaking. Fair play to him for having the balls to take another one just 5 minutes later and stick it away with such composure though. I also don't think Suarez meant to handball it and it was an instinctive moment rather than a deliberate attempt to cheat. Holland must really fancy their chances of beating this Uruguay team now without Suarez and have their best shot of finally winning the Cup for a long time.

I just checked the current semis plan

Semi 1: Uraguay Vs Netherlands

Semi 2: Argentina/Germany Vs Spain/Paraguay

Bets lost so far

various single games :/

Bets still possible

Germany to win the World Cup

Holland to progress further than Argentina

Technically I could still win upto £50 if Holland reach the final (which is possible) and Germany defeat them (which is... still... sort of...possible)

Go Germany :D

My final of Spain over Brazil is in the pisser. But I could still make a few if Spain wins it all. I'm going to a family barbeque tomorrow which means I'm going to be the lone-wolf attempting to watch the soccer game while the rest of my family wants to watch golf.