World Cup 2010 Thread

This just makes up for the England game really. Argentina are now being embaressed by Germany too, so at least we're not the only ones.

Erm, no. Argentina don't have anything to be embarassed about.

Yes, they really do. They've just been torn to pieces and are losing 3-0, could of been more as well. Every reason to be embarassed actually and it again brings up the situation of not taking the likes of Cambiasso and Zanetti. Why you'd think being beaten so highly like this when you're seen as one of the tounament favourites is beyond me.

Whats embarassing about being beaten by three time world champions?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

This just makes up for the England game really. Argentina are now being embaressed by Germany too, so at least we're not the only ones.

Yes, they really do. They've just been torn to pieces and are losing 3-0, could of been more as well. Every reason to be embarassed actually and it again brings up the situation of not taking the likes of Cambiasso and Zanetti. Why you'd think being beaten so highly like this when you're seen as one of the tounament favourites is beyond me.

BUT DEY'RE MISSING DA BALLACK!

What has history got to do with anything? Nothing in this case. They're now losing 4-0. They've been completely played off the pitch and stop Argentina from barely having a real chance in the game and this is Argentina, a team that apparently has the best attack in International football. Germany just made them look hugely average. It is embararrising, I just don't get why you're trying to argue against it. It's embarrassed Maradonna more too, showing how wrong he was to leave those people back home.

Fuck off with "He should've taken such and so"

Who's to say they could've made a change?

If Capello left Rooney at home, everybody would've blasted him, but really, what difference did he make? The world's greatest striker, piss off.

What has history got to do with anything? Nothing in this case. They're now losing 4-0. They've been completely played off the pitch and stop Argentina from barely having a real chance in the game and this is Argentina, a team that apparently has the best attack in International football. Germany just made them look hugely average. It is embararrising, I just don't get why you're trying to argue against it. It's embarrassed Maradonna more too, showing how wrong he was to leave those people back home.

Oh right, the fact that they have amazing tournament pedigree has nothing to do with anything. An englishman telling me history is irrelevant? :lol:

I'm arguing because you were trying to put England on the same level as Argentina. I don't see anything wrong with losing to Germany, England or Argentina, but don't act as if it somehow vindicates England's performance.

• Like 1

So a South American team in every quarter final and it looks like only one will be in the semis. Uruguay the last surviving South Americans... that's fucking weird. I love how there always seems to be a random team in the semis. And Germany or Spain against Uruguay or Holland is gonna feel like such a weird final.

England fans before Germany game: "We should probably beat them, the REAL challenge is if we're going to beat Argentina"

England fans after Germany game: "It's disgusting that we lost to Germany... why couldn't we have lost to a good team like Argentina?"

England fans after the Germany-Argentina game: "o_O"

• Like 3

Fuck off with "He should've taken such and so"

Who's to say they could've made a change?

If Capello left Rooney at home, everybody would've blasted him, but really, what difference did he make? The world's greatest striker, piss off.

Sorry, did you not watch any of these Argentina games? It was clear throughout that their major weakness was defensivley and that was what would cost them against the bigger sides. Proof right here today to back that up. Zanetti and Cambiasso play for the current top team in European football, they're two hugely important players that could of certainly boosted the team in a defensive way. Nobody even said taking them would of meant Argentina would of won or anything. Maradonna was crucified for his squad decisions, you still failing to realise that?

I really can't understand why he didn't take Cambiasso or Zanetti. Zanetti in particular is one of the smartest players in the game, is in the form of his life, has a stupid amount of experience and can play almost anywhere. I know he's 37 but it's not like he's slowing down or anything, he just captained his team to a treble. Just unbelievable.

Edited by Pesci

Holy fuck Krauts .... that was brilliant ...

I hope to God somebody asks Maradona who Muller is now ... BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH While I did pick them to make the semis, I'd love Spaing to fall flat on their face against Paraguay ... man that'd be great

Heskey - Antiguan

Defoe - Domincan/St Lucian

Shuan Wright Phillips - Jamacian/Grenadian

Aaron Lennon - Jamacian/Irish

:shifty: dirty cheaters ... or is it just that Germany recruits better :P

The real question is: Why are we letting English born players into our under 21 system if we have no intention of ever picking them for our national side?

Fabrice Muamba, Michael Mancienne and Victor Moses would NEVER end up on the England side for the same reasons why Almunia won't ever be touched. The British public would NEVER allow a foreigner to play for England unless they were born on a notable English colony like Canada (see Hargreaves).

Hell, I get the feeling that Ryan Bertrand and Henri Lasenby would never play just because they SOUND ethnic <_<

Holy fuck Krauts .... that was brilliant ...

I hope to God somebody asks Maradona who Muller is now ... BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH While I did pick them to make the semis, I'd love Spaing to fall flat on their face against Paraguay ... man that'd be great

Heskey - Antiguan

Defoe - Domincan/St Lucian

Shuan Wright Phillips - Jamacian/Grenadian

Aaron Lennon - Jamacian/Irish

:shifty: dirty cheaters ... or is it just that Germany recruits better :P

Wow, four whole examples huh? And all from recent (current in some cases, at the time they were born) British colonies/dependencies. Except Ireland, of course. :P

And yes, all of them born in England. Which can only be said for Gomes, Anoa and Ozill for Germany from my list IIRC. One of the Boatengs was born in the opposite country from which they decided to play for, but I can't remember which

Edited by Farmer Reil

...all those players were born in England.

So were the majority of the players Reilly listed. Well, Germany, not England obviously.

EDIT: Took out the part that made me look racist :shifty:

Edited by Pesci