Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

I'm a long way behind, just completed the first heist, so this isn't a spoiler for anyone who is past that...

... Johnny

:(. I was so depressed by that, all the hard work I went through in the Lost & The Damned and he ends up a meth-addicted failure getting killed in the desert.

:(

First heist completed! :D I actually failed it the first time because I was coming in hot to the checkpoint and ran over the getaway driver :P

I failed it the first time after walking the wrong way, going past an ATM and having my picture taken by the security camera <_<

"Who needs Wade, he hasn't contributed anything!"

Oh, Coco, I couldn't agree more.

And yeah, on the first heist I was like "YES DONE AWESOME" and then I hit the fucking driver's bike and had to do the last part over again.

Getting away from the cops is such a bullshit case of random luck. I really hate it. I hate all Franklin missions even though I like him. Like every single one is "do this fun thing. NOW LOSE THE COPS!" I wish I could do like the Tennis instructor mission and just control the guy shooting. I like doing that.

One of the things I try and do is get them on a freeway exit, then weave in front of a car and hope they smash in to it behind me. Works every now and again and really slows them down.

Just a word of warning, don't even consider buying any properties early on in the game unless you want to throw your money down the drain.

It seems that the only way to gain any real money outside of heists is riding the stock market. You need loads of money to make any significant gains on the stock market, and trying to play the stock market without a huge wedge of cash is only going to produce minor gains.

I just think people are going to get seriously pissed off when they realise that the only way to get that $150m golf course will be to grind taxi missions or flight dropoffs until they get the income to seriously gamble on the stock market.

Just a word of warning, don't even consider buying any properties early on in the game unless you want to throw your money down the drain.

It seems that the only way to gain any real money outside of heists is riding the stock market. You need loads of money to make any significant gains on the stock market, and trying to play the stock market without a huge wedge of cash is only going to produce minor gains.

I just think people are going to get seriously pissed off when they realise that the only way to get that $150m golf course will be to grind taxi missions or flight dropoffs until they get the income to seriously gamble on the stock market.

......shit.

• Like 1

Indeedy, at this point I'm just trying to get to the end of the game so I can start all over again and fix all the mistakes that I made the first time around. If I can be bothered.

I bought that bar for $150k and get $950 per in game week, and even that's inconsistent because sometimes the bar will get robbed and I'll have to do a mission for the bar quickly or lose the weeks income. If it was 1k per DAY it'd have been reasonable, but that $150k is better off invested in the stock market. There is no reason for investing in property because there's nothing to gain from it in comparison to how much you're putting into it.

Seems to me like the game deliberately made sure that you didn't end up rolling in cash by the time you get to that mission where you need a $2m helicopter, otherwise you could have just bought it then and there and skipped the next mission. Problem is that they overdid it to the point where you can't get money anywhere outside of heists, and dangling a property that no gamer will be able to get without grinding just irritates me.

At least in San Andreas and Vice City you were supplemented by money from missions, but half of the game is just doing missions for people and getting nothing for it! Even the '?' icons don't give you a token value like $1-10k, it's just nothing after nothing after nothing. You're getting paid 'later' and even that later is a disappointment.

So I guess never hire anything but the best guys? I hired the lower gunman because I was doing the "smart" way with the gas and all that so I figured the cheaper gunman would be fine since he wasnt going to be shooting anyone. Then on the escape he ran his bike into an overpass and died. :(

Indeedy, at this point I'm just trying to get to the end of the game so I can start all over again and fix all the mistakes that I made the first time around. If I can be bothered.

I bought that bar for $150k and get $950 per in game week, and even that's inconsistent because sometimes the bar will get robbed and I'll have to do a mission for the bar quickly or lose the weeks income. If it was 1k per DAY it'd have been reasonable, but that $150k is better off invested in the stock market. There is no reason for investing in property because there's nothing to gain from it in comparison to how much you're putting into it.

Seems to me like the game deliberately made sure that you didn't end up rolling in cash by the time you get to that mission where you need a $2m helicopter, otherwise you could have just bought it then and there and skipped the next mission. Problem is that they overdid it to the point where you can't get money anywhere outside of heists, and dangling a property that no gamer will be able to get without grinding just irritates me.

At least in San Andreas and Vice City you were supplemented by money from missions, but half of the game is just doing missions for people and getting nothing for it! Even the '?' icons don't give you a token value like $1-10k, it's just nothing after nothing after nothing. You're getting paid 'later' and even that later is a disappointment.

Here's a possible solution to your money woes

Hacker: Paige (will probably stick with her)

Driver: Eddie Toh

Gunman: The cheap one. Who cares? He died

Exactly the same. Think the guy's maybe scripted to die cos it happened the same way, at the same place as Larz posted, for me too.

So I guess never hire anything but the best guys? I hired the lower gunman because I was doing the "smart" way with the gas and all that so I figured the cheaper gunman would be fine since he wasnt going to be shooting anyone. Then on the escape he ran his bike into an overpass and died. :(

I can't remember where I read it now, and I might be fudging things because I've not got as far as doing any heists yet, but apparently you're best off getting worse guys who don't ask for much of a cut. That's because although they can level up and get better at their job, they never ask for a greater percentage.

Yeah, I thought that seemed a bit OP to be able to make the shit guys better and have them still only take 4%. I guess if it's 'hardcore' style though and they die then all that build up will be wiped, whereas I guess a good guy (on 14%) dieing will just lead to another equally as good guy getting rotated in.

I was roleplaying a bit though and picked out some the more familiar guys like Rickie for the hacking and

Packie!

for the gun, can't remember what his cut was though. Stuck with Toh though or whatever his name is for the driver. Still made a lot considering the expenses you have to factor in for that first one. Wussed out though and bailed with like 7 seconds left on the countdown. I guess you get more time or even unlimited if you pay for the better hacker.