Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Milner has maintained his England form as well...

I guess the main thing to take from this for city is their big players look sharp, Kompany, Aguero, Tevez and Toure particularly.

Chelsea look like their torn between playing the robust effective football they're used to and a more sophisticated style.

• Like 1

Would've really liked to have seen it stay with eleven men for both teams to give us a better idea what Chelsea were capable of. Interested to see how the likes of Oscar and Marin fit in as well - and I imagine there will be another new face or two. Stok, recon they'll sign another striker for cover for Torres as Lukaku's gone on loan? Or just stick Oscar, Hazard or Mata up top if it comes to it?

Well, yeah.

Kelly has not been great though not had many games. But Downing in these last couple of games has looked a different player.

Had to watch the second half from across the room because half a dozen people came over to see our kittens and had to play host for an hour or so. :shifty:

I predicted 2-1 to City so 3-2 is as good as. The red card made victory highly improbable since the players have not been super-defensive-drilled like they were for the Barca games. To be honest the Ivanovic suspension is the only thing that really grates now.

Milner has maintained his England form as well...

From what I saw of this (kept flicking between this and boxing finals) Milner played quite well today, which surely means he didn't continue his England form at all because he was fairly poor at the Euros.

Milner was solid, just not traditionally what you'd expect from a winger at the Euros. Always prefered Milner in the centre of midfield instead of the wing, but that's something he's sacraficed by playing for City, and thus, England.

As much as the Community Shield is generally a bit of a glorified friendly it's got me in the mood for the new Premier League season and my trip to the Emirates on Saturday. Hoping we can maybe stick a Sunderland shirt on the Henry statue and put him up front for us, as at the minute we only really have Ji and Wickham - since Campbell has been designated to RW/RAM more or less it seems.

Hell, I'd take Adams or Chapman up front if the chance was there.

About to throw the second half on since I missed it (probably fall asleep during) but FUCK that Ivanovic tackle was disgusting. Still not happy about this 3-5-2 business, I guess Rodwell is the signing instead of De Rossi for that CDM slot? Need another CB though if Savic is starting games. Anyway, football time.