Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

I thought that would be the way it worked anyway. My friends fell down on the side of a suspension but as you can make six subs and there's no extra time, it's not really a "competitive" fixture or whatever the exact terminology is. Honestly it works the same way as a friendly. You could hack down somebody in the last few minutes of those matches too and not miss competitive games.

It's tricky when you don't just apply a blanket rule of suspensions count or suspension don't count.

There's always going to be problems when someone commits a foul like Ivanovic's and dodges a suspension or conversely if someone picked up a soft red card and did get suspended.

Ben Smith has an article up on BBC discussing Brendan Rodgers beginning his career at Liverpool. Here's how he described Joe Allen:

His arrival at Anfield was inevitable, he will be a vital cog in the midfield machine.

I hope he does better than that Irish bloke who was condemned as a cog way back when...

Toon fans:

I'm finalising a fantasy football team in a competition which counts only goals (and clean sheets) for points, not assists/discipline/etc.

Ben Arfa and Cabaye cost exactly the same. Which do I pick?

(The alternative being I snub Newcastle entirely and plug for Seb Larsson :shifty:)

Haven't heard any rumours of midfield departures for Liverpool, they're pretty well stocked in that department

We're not really. Lucas, Allen and Gerrard are fine. Henderson is alright. We're still looking at Adam and Spearing getting a significant amount of playing time though, which is very worrying.

edit: Cabaye, surely? Similar assist/goals stats to Ben Arfa last season but without the injury problems.

To be honest I might as well flip a coin. I've already picked Torres over Balotelli so I'm well on my way with "well you're going to regret that later" picks.

I want less scepticism from you this year :@!

TORRES WILL SCORE 100 GOALS, THE LAST OF WHICH SHALL CAUSE THE EARTH TO SPLIT IN TWO AND LOFTUS ROAD SHALL BE SWALLOWED UP IN ITS BOTTOMLESS CHASM

Joey Barton will survive though, just because he's like that.