Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

In fairness at least he's made a bold prediction, and presumably backed it with a touch of logic along the lines of the promoted sides looking strong. He's probably wrong, but better that than having 'the promoted sides look strong' in the text, then in your predicted league table having two of them and Wigan like Lawro does every season.

Stelling did similar, saying he thought Chelsea and Spurs might struggle and then didn't put them in his top 4.

• Admin
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce believes a move to the Olympic Stadium could help them grow to the size of Manchester United and Arsenal. "It would be awesome to walk a team out on that pitch and say 'this is West Ham's new home and the creation of what could possibly be a new modern history hopefully'," he said.

:lmao:

In fairness at least he's made a bold prediction, and presumably backed it with a touch of logic along the lines of the promoted sides looking strong. He's probably wrong, but better that than having 'the promoted sides look strong' in the text, then in your predicted league table having two of them and Wigan like Lawro does every season.

Stelling did similar, saying he thought Chelsea and Spurs might struggle and then didn't put them in his top 4.

Lawro's a joke. A league table made from his predictions last season had Man Utd on 100 points, Wolves 10th and Swansea 19th. You'd expect the guy to cotton on after a while but no. So I say fair play to Savage for actually putting his neck on the line and having a go.

My shout is Stoke. Got a fiver on them to go down. I'm sure they'll finish mid-table again though.

Are you suggesting it could be 'your year'? :shifty:

It begins...

If you mean our year to finish higher than 8th, possibly.

Calling the relegation places this season is possibly tougher than ever. Me and my friends run a little points game where we predict who will finish in the important placings in all four English divisions, and I spent ages umming and aahing over the bottom 3 in the Premier League. I expect Villa to do well, they didn't have such a bad side last year but they had a very bad manager. Lambert is much better for them and with additions like Vlaar, El Ahmadi and Holman they should be able to move up the league into mid-table.

I also think the newly promoted sides look strong, but in the end I plumped for West Ham to go straight back down along with Wigan, assuming Moses still leaves, and because I was really struggling between them and Stoke...I went for Fulham.

I said a while ago that I thought it would be Stoke, Norwich and one other. I've given up predicting Wigan to go down; Southampton, Reading and West Ham all have decent squads and/or managers. Swansea might be a shout with Laudrup a bit of a wildcard. I'm pretty sure Villa are safe. West Brom will be interesting with Steve Clarke in his first job too. Won't predict Fulham because I think Jol is a fantastic manager, though losing all-around superstar Danny Murphy would be a crushing blow to any side in world football. Stoke I think because they had a shit end to last season and I can never get over how they manage to finish mid-table with that central midfield. Good system with Pennant and Etherington feeding in Crouch, though. Norwich is kind of a process of elimination thing because I like Hughton, and their squad is pretty poor.

So a stronger side than last season, with a better manager and philosphy.. nevermind the massively improved atmosphere in and around the club.. will see us relegated?

Wow, Savage. Wow.

Anybody would think he used to play for Birmingham...

In a surprise turn, I tip Man Utd to get relegated and win all the cups.

Turns out they tapped up RvP. Docked 100pts.

Norwich, Reading and Southampton for me, all of them are great Championship sides but none of them have any stand out Premiership players (well Reading have a striker but don't see him getting the service required). I imagine Wigan and Stoke will be down there with them. West Ham will do alright they've got a decent squad.

Edited by Sam

Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa doubtful for the Spurs game. Oh I hope this isn't a cruel prank.

Our unofficial site has vaguely mentioned it, I'll be stunned if more than one is out.

Ohhhh Lawroooooo, tell us everything you knoooooow:

Arsenal 2 - 0 Sunderland

Everton 0 - 0 Man Utd

Fulham 2 - 1 Norwich

City 2 - 0 Southampton

Newcastle 1 - 1 Spurs

QPR 2 - 0 Swansea

Reading 1 - 1 Stoke

West Brom 1 - 1 Liverpool

West Ham 2 - 1 Villa

Wigan 1 - 2 Chelsea

No one ever scores more than two in Lawroworld!