Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa doubtful for the Spurs game. Oh I hope this isn't a cruel prank.

Our unofficial site has vaguely mentioned it, I'll be stunned if more than one is out.

Ohhhh Lawroooooo, tell us everything you knoooooow:

Arsenal 2 - 0 Sunderland

Everton 0 - 0 Man Utd

Fulham 2 - 1 Norwich

City 2 - 0 Southampton

Newcastle 1 - 1 Spurs

QPR 2 - 0 Swansea

Reading 1 - 1 Stoke

West Brom 1 - 1 Liverpool

West Ham 2 - 1 Villa

Wigan 1 - 2 Chelsea

No one ever scores more than two in Lawroworld!

Surprised he's actually gone for Man Utd not to win and Liverpool not to beat West Brom. I probably agree with most of those predictions (results not scorelines), I'd probably just have Reading to beat Stoke and maybe West Brom to beat Liverpool. Super Steve Clarke is bound to keep things tight and I can see them sneaking a goal on the counter and closing up shop.

From the beeb, Mick McCarthy (yay!) and Harry Redknapp (boo!) are joining the MOTD team. The article also seems to imply Lawros just doing Football Focus, but I doubt it. All very old guard though, clearly learning nothing from Skys far better coverage.

Ahhh wonderful Ramadan :w00t:

Also, has Lawro ever backed anyone to actually BEAT Liverpool?

Last year's predictions had Liverpool to lose once all season, rather than the 14 they actually lost. They also would have finished sixth, so I guess he had them to draw a lot.

Just confirmed; Phil Jones out for at least another month and Chris Smalling out for two months. I think it's imperative that Vidic and Ferdinand stay fit now else we'll have no defenders again.

Jonny Evans is set to miss the Everton game too.

Edited by Starvinho

I'm always amazed you haven't splashed out on another young centreback. Ferd's getting old, Vidic gets injured a fair bit, Jones and Smalling are currently out. Have you got someone promising in yr youth I'm forgetting?

We have a few promising youngsters but I'm not sure they're ready to be thrown in at the deep-end yet. Who knows though, there's a couple weeks of this transfer window left yet so we very well may sign someone to cover.

I'm always amazed you haven't splashed out on another young centreback. Ferd's getting old, Vidic gets injured a fair bit, Jones and Smalling are currently out. Have you got someone promising in yr youth I'm forgetting?

Evans was outstanding last year. Smalling and Jones have potential to be the future England CB partnership. Ferdinand still has a couple of years left and Vidic is still regarded as possibly the best CB in world football (he had one serious injury, not a great deal outside of that). We're stacked in defence, signing a CB would be madness really.

The only thing that makes sense about letting Fabio go on loan is that we're gonna sign another left-back. All has gone quiet on the Leighton Baines front lately, but I'm still hopefull we can sign him before the dealine.

• Like 1

• Admin

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Rio Ferdinand has been found guilty of improper conduct and fined £45,000 by the Football Association for comments on Twitter. An independent commission concluded Ferdinand's response to a tweet describing Chelsea's Ashley Cole as a "choc ice" did not make him a racist. It was ruled however that the centre-half had brought the game into disrepute.

Thomas Vermaelen has been confirmed as the new Arsenal captain.

The only thing that makes sense about letting Fabio go on loan is that we're gonna sign another left-back. All has gone quiet on the Leighton Baines front lately, but I'm still hopefull we can sign him before the dealine.

Now that Rodwell has gone I don't think Everton will have any need whatsoever to sell Baines.

Yeah you could say that, it probably means Everton won't let him go for cheap anyways. If we offered a decent amount then a club like Everton will find it hard to refuse I think. £15 million would get him, but whether we'd be prepared to pay that much is another story.