Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

However, his decisions tonight were baffling and I hope he starts to realise that he can't just force his system, it needs to work for the players.

That sound you hear is Chelsea fans laughing.

And that sound YOU hear is Falcao laughing :shifty:.

Ah, Falcao. Coincidence that AVB's year of success involved having him in his team?

Falcao scored less 9 goals in the league that season, than the season before. Of course he was a beast in the Europa League, but there was much more to that.

Here's Arsenal's line-up:

Mannone, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Cazorla, Arteta, Diaby, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud, Podolski.

Subs: Koscielny, Martinez, Santos, Ramsey, Coquelin, Gervinho, Walcott.

So wait a minute, AVB does awesome in Portugal by joining a team and not making many changes (instead making the most of the team he knows and understands) but he needed to destroy the core of Chelsea in order to accommodate Modric? Isn't that the entire opposite of his ideology?

...Modric?

• Admin
fuXgD.png

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Jose Enrique, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Borini, Suarez, Sterling.

Subs: Jones, Henderson, Coates, Downing, Carragher, Shelvey, Kelly.

bP0lX.png

Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.

Subs: Martinez, Koscielny, Andre Santos, Walcott, Ramsey, Coquelin, Gervinho.

Referee: Howard Webb (S Yorkshire)

Liverpool give a debut to midfield man Nuri Sahin, on a season-long loan from Real Madrid, while 17-year-old Raheem Sterling gets another chance to shine from the start. Arsenal are still without injured Wojciech Szczesny so Vito Mannone continues in goal. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is preferred to Theo Walcott in Arsene Wenger's starting line-up.

Injured.

Yeah, I saw that, just wondering how long he might be out for? Can't find any details about the injury, just that Mannone is 'deputising' for him again.

Should be back for the next game, it's a rib injury and he faced a late fitness test so only just missed out.

No forwards on the bench!

What do you think of that Ian?

ian-ayre_1743554c.jpg

What do you mean no forwards?!?!?! Clearly Carragher is gonna come on for Suarez and play up front

So wait a minute, AVB does awesome in Portugal by joining a team and not making many changes (instead making the most of the team he knows and understands) but he needed to destroy the core of Chelsea in order to accommodate Modric? Isn't that the entire opposite of his ideology?

...Modric?

Chelsea?

I was talking about his Chelsea run. Gon_ explaining how he managed in Portugal opened a new light on his tactics and makes it look like he has no idea how to sign players, only making the most of players already there in a system he knows about. I just assumed that he signed a few players on frees who revolutionized Porto which would have showed a lot more managerial skill than his freak season.

I don't think Jazzman actually watches football. This is the only assumption I can make that would explain how he regularly gets the wrong team and/or player.

I... what?