Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Unfortunate for Ivanovic. It was a foul but you could see he was just trying to get to the other side of Young to get between him and the goal. Clattenburg couldn't really do anything else though.

100% right. Unfortunate, but he has to go really. He has stopped a clear goalscoring opportunity, no matter how accidental it was.

Correct decision I suppose but Young could have probably stayed on his feet if he'd wanted to there. Should have just let Young score, Chelsea would've been more likely to get something out of this from 3-2 down than at 2-2 with 10 men.

Correct decision I suppose but Young could have probably stayed on his feet if he'd wanted to there. Should have just let Young score, Chelsea would've been more likely to get something out of this from 3-2 down than at 2-2 with 10 men.

How could he? Young had his feet clipped by Ivanovic, you don't have a choice to stay up when that happens.

As for letting them score, Ivanovic wasn't actually trying to tackle him so it's a bit of a moot point that one.

I can still see Chelsea getting something out of this. Oh, maybe not now Torres has gone.