Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Meh, as I said after 'He could've been killed'-gate, all the goodwill I'd built up towards him over his mellow years was on its way out anyway. I do seem to remember his speech at Sir Bobby Robsons funeral being a lot less cunty towards a certain small city in the North East.

It's nice to finally hear confirmation that rules are different if you manage the #mostfamousclubintheworld though...

That's unusual, Dermot usually invents some bizarre interpretation of the rules to back the ref. I actually think he was right though, I don't see much of a foul and given that he's onside there's no obligation for the West Brom player to move out of the way since he could actually have scored had Green not flapped it into his own net.

Chelsea's 8-0 drubbing of Aston Villa has been named 'Performance of the Week' by the League Manager's Association. http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3020818/title/benitez-collects-best-performance-award

Not heard of this award before. Do they really give out a crystal football to someone every bloody week? :/

Sky were wonderful in their 'Fergie is an old master and his young apprentices need putting back in line' rhetoric over the 'wee' club thing.

Mancini will probably be charged because he made a comment about the referee's weight. Which is obviously a lot worse that storming the pitch and giving all the officials a verbal beatdown. Obviously.

IIRC, Fergie got a 4 game touchline ban when he said the same thing about Wiley being fat the other year.

• Like 2

To be fair Mancini likes a good charge onto the pitch to confront the referee too, as seen in the Champs League this season against Ajax. They're all the same really :/

I mean Pardew can hardly complain when he was also berating the 4th official during the same game that Fergie was berating refs.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

I hardly think you can compare John Carver whinging at the fourth official five minutes into injury time as one of our players is stretchered off with Fergie going for the ref on half time and before the second half, plus the linesman on half time and throughout the entire second half.

• Like 2

Former Czech Republic and Strasbourg defender Vaclav Drobny died in a sledding accident early Friday at the age of 32, Czech media said.Drobny, who played twice for the Czech Republic, skidded off a piste and crashed into a tree in the Czech winter resort of Spindleruv Mlyn, some 140 kilometres (88 miles) northeast of Prague.

"The accident occurred shortly after 2:00 am (0100 GMT)... despite the physicians' efforts, the young man succumbed to his injuries early in the morning," said a report on the local police website.

Drobny was the captain of the Czech Republic's under-21 team that won the European Championships in 2002.

After the tournament, Drobny moved from the Czech top league to Strasbourg for which he played 42 games before being loaned to Aston Villa, but he never played for the Birmingham side.

He then moved to Sparta Prague with whom he won the Czech league title in 2007 before switching to play in a Prague regional league.

Sad news :(

A fun fact revealed to me by the CFC website's pre-match article:

Since the inception of the Premier League in 1992, Chelsea have won more 1-0 league victories than any other team. Their current total (103) is two more than Manchester United (101).

Not-so-fun fact:

Chelsea have taken only one point from their last four trips to Goodison Park. :(

• Admin
Mf4HK.png

Sunderland: Mignolet, Gardner, O'Shea, Cuellar, Kilgallon, Johnson, Larsson, Colback, McClean, Sessegnon, Fletcher.

Subs: Westwood, Campbell, Wickham, McFadden, Vaughan, Ji, Bramble.

8O37b.png

Tottenham: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Caulker, Naughton, Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe.

Subs: Friedel, Dempsey, Vertonghen, Huddlestone, Parker, Sigurdsson, Livermore.

Referee: Martin Atkinson (W Yorkshire)

4-4-2 and Vertonghen only on the bench. Plus it's Sunderland away. Not optimistic at all.

Vertonghen could use a rest. I'm more disappointed that 4-4-2 still exists and Gylfi cannot get a PL start to save his life.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm glad Ade's starting just for that magnificent haircut.