Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

The only way Wigan realistically survive now is if one of Newcastle or Norwich lose both their final games and they do it on goal difference after winning one of theirs. I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect them to win both games with an FA Cup final wedged in between.

You do all realise that Wigan always beat Arsenal, right? :P

It's a big ask this time around. I think they'll have to beat Arsenal and Villa to have any chance of staying up.

Going into a game against Arsenal needing a win is a situation they've never been in before.

Oh, and there's an FA Cup Final as well, where they'll have to put their best XI out.

You do all realise that Wigan always beat Arsenal, right? :P

Last three meetings Arsenal won twice, one of them being four nil.

In other words: "Fuck, I'm not going to win another Champions League".

Can't see Mourinho going there, anyway. Klopp maybe? Otherwise it'll be one of the old boys, not sure who, though.

I don't understand why Moyes is always highly tipped, he has zero champions league experience and zero experience of working with a big budget. The job he's done at Everton couldn't be any further from the job he'd be doing at scum.

I don't understand why Moyes is always highly tipped, he has zero champions league experience and zero experience of working with a big budget. The job he's done at Everton couldn't be any further from the job he'd be doing at scum.

If Fergie retires, I want Mourinho to replace him, and no-one else.

• Like 2

Telegraph Sport: "Alex Ferguson is understood to be giving serious consideration to ending his 26-year reign as Manchester United manager. More follows #mufc."

The Daily Telegraph have since put up a story which claims that "senior figures at the club failed to respond to repeated attempts to confirm or deny the story".

Sounds like complete bollocks really. Fergie will want to be putting final touches to the current squad he's built as well as trying to capture one final CL trophy. Not to mention it was only days ago he came out and said he had no plans to retire even with the hip replacement coming in August.

Either way we'll soon know as we have to deny or confirm the story due to the stock exchange agreement.