Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

WE WON :D

AT HOME :D :D

AND KEPT A CLEAN SHEET :D :D :D

AND FINALLY HAVE POSITIVE GOAL DIFFERENCE :D :D :D :D

Lads played well today, Enrique carrying over the form from the Chelsea game last week. Hopefully Suso coming off was just a precautionary measure and it isn't anything too bad but I couldn't really think of anyone having a bad game today really. Unbeaten in 7 but we need to start winning a few games on the run, pick up the points and climb up the table.

Not seen City's game, but judging from this thread, we had a few shockingly bad decisions go our way? Bloody hell, we must be champions. :shifty:

You wait until United score a 98th minute winner later on, then you'll see who the champions are. <_<

WE WON :D

AT HOME :D :D

AND KEPT A CLEAN SHEET :D :D :D

AND FINALLY HAVE POSITIVE GOAL DIFFERENCE :D :D :D :D

Lads played well today, Enrique carrying over the form from the Chelsea game last week. Hopefully Suso coming off was just a precautionary measure and it isn't anything too bad but I couldn't really think of anyone having a bad game today really. Unbeaten in 7 but we need to start winning a few games on the run, pick up the points and climb up the table.

Commentators were saying it was a tactical change.

Deserved, we got it all wrong today to be honest. Giggs starting in the middle was an awful decision and Hernandez being taken off wasn't far off that decision too. Why Cleverley and/or Anderson didn't start this one I'll never know, missed Rooney today as well.

A bit gutting, but only ourselves to blame.

Disappointing. Probably the poorest I've seen us going forward all season, I don't think we made one good chance. Typical really because we weren't half bad at the back today. Credit Norwich though, they set up well, were very disciplined and made it very hard for us to play the game we wanted. They deserved the win.

Another token Ba goal to gloss over the fact he's been useless. Shola lone striker please.

There's only so much he can do without any decent service.

He had plenty of it, his touch is just that poor that he gives the ball away whenever we do anything remotely direct. The second Shola came on we actually had some possession in their half and looked really dangerous, up to Kruls wobbly kick and us chasing the game again.

Elsewhere, we relied on Ben Arfa as our only creative force yet again (though Simpson helped him out especially first half by getting forward and drawing some attention, presumably fueled by N-Dubz related testosterone), while Sammy Ameobi isn't quite ready yet and Fergie doesn't seem to be able to do it from the start rather than off the bench. Tiote was unusually subdued (two fouls, one of which clearly wasn't at all and the other was fairly soft) but kept it simple, miles better than recently, though having him and Anita meant no creativity from the middle and the switch for Bigirimana accomplished nothing whatsoever.

Pray for Cabaye back for Southampton since we're staring down the barrel of nothing from 3 'winnable' games.

• Like 1

If he continues to play Giggs and Scholes in midfield then he can continue as long as he wants ^_^

Giggs and Scholes for Man Yoo manager and assistant!

Am I the only one who thought both Man City penalties were penalties? It's tricky to see if the first one hits his arm or the defenders head (Kolarov?), but if its his arm its a penalty, I'm waiting on Goals on Sunday for a better view. Second one is blatant, he tackles Silva with his arm.

Liked Hansen asking if Kompany had seen the Man Utd score in the changing room, only for Big Vin to point out that they'd played after City.

Am I the only one who thought both Man City penalties were penalties? It's tricky to see if the first one hits his arm or the defenders head (Kolarov?), but if its his arm its a penalty, I'm waiting on Goals on Sunday for a better view. Second one is blatant, he tackles Silva with his arm.

Liked Hansen asking if Kompany had seen the Man Utd score in the changing room, only for Big Vin to point out that they'd played after City.

First one doesn't touch his arm. It's a header by the City player, after he pushes Weimann in the back. Only one person involved (the lino) thinks it is handball. Ref didn't think it was, nor did any players. Second one is stupid too. Bannan had slid in to block the cross, so he's sliding across the floor. Then Silva just rolls the ball across into his arm. He can't move his arm from that, he also isn't trying to do anything.

I can get technical and say the 1st goal came from a corner that shouldn't have been given and after a City player kicked a Villa player in the head too.

The officials were disgusting.

I still can't work out what that's hit on the first one, but looks like a nudge on Weimann anyway.

Second one is still a pen for me, we've discussed the deliberate thing recently before (and I agree with Chris Kamara that the wording is wrong, it needs to be subjective based on unnatural positions etc which seems to be what refs do anyway) but Silvas not playing for the pen as it seemed was suggested on here yesterday. He's cut inside, and Bannan has taken the ball away with his arm preventing Silva from going in on goal, penalty. Obviously its near impossible to slide without supporting your weight, but in that case leave yourself more room because his arm is heading towards the ball the whole slide. So difficult, but I'd call that handball.